Pipefitter/metal fabricator vetassess technical assessment

bwatt99

Wondering if any pipefitters who have done so before moving to australia got the australian qualification through vetassess as metal fabricator.

Or anyone already in australia thats done it;lets just say i have been putting it off for several years now and have decided i better get it.

Sent in my stuff start of new year and have already got a date booked for me technical assessment which i must say bit nervous about.

Any pipefitters been through this and what was you asked,did it really take 2 hrs and do you know of anyone thats failed it.

Im just curious on what they ask, i know questions asked could be different from one person to another and depends on assessor but be good with a heads up.

Hi mate,

I didnt use vetassess but I did it last year with another company as metal fab.

To be honest all the questions asked are "bread and butter questions" what tools you use for this process, that process. How you work out the circumference of a circle, how you work out angles- don't  overthink it!! How to set up machinery etc.  Just be honest with them. 

The assessors are tradesmen and are friendly- don't expect a bloke in a suit, more likely in work clobber, chances are he/she has just finished work. They won't sit there with a clipboard grilling you about argon gas- they don' want to know how it's made, just how to use it.

Hope this helps, good luck