Cross border Will issues

majortinkle

I’m currently on a 5 year visa in Australia along with my two young daughters and my mother who lived on the Isle of Man left some money in her will to my daughters in trust until they’re 18.

the will is a little light on info as it doesn’t prescribe rights for trustees to invest. Myself and my sister (uk resident) are trustees.

problem - can’t find someone to invest funds for the trust.

australia - struggling with Manx law and no rights to invest.

iom - won’t touch it because of Australian resident trustee/beneficiaries

looking like uk the same.....

can’t help feeling our temp resident status should allow iom/uk to do it, but they don’t know enough about oz to be able to.

Does anyone know a firm that can help join the international dots and invest the funds for the trust?

cheers

2 hours ago, majortinkle said:

I’m currently on a 5 year visa in Australia along with my two young daughters and my mother who lived on the Isle of Man left some money in her will to my daughters in trust until they’re 18.

the will is a little light on info as it doesn’t prescribe rights for trustees to invest. Myself and my sister (uk resident) are trustees.

problem - can’t find someone to invest funds for the trust.

australia - struggling with Manx law and no rights to invest.

iom - won’t touch it because of Australian resident trustee/beneficiaries

looking like uk the same.....

can’t help feeling our temp resident status should allow iom/uk to do it, but they don’t know enough about oz to be able to.

Does anyone know a firm that can help join the international dots and invest the funds for the trust?

cheers

No idea what you mean by a 5 year visa, but if you need financial advice try Go Matilda, I believe they have a financial section.