Express Shipping - Sydney to London

BackToTheBlighty

Hi all 

I just wanted to get some advice if anyone has any good recommendations on sending items to London economically. 

We have a baby so we don't want to wait 2 months for beds etc to turn up for him but also don't want to pay a fortune on courier fees. 

Some larger items we can wait for, but some items such as prams etc we need from the day we arrive. Thanks. 

Cheers 

If you are heading to the UK I'd just buy when you get there. The expense of shipping them to have them travel with you as it were is going to be big and its really overkill I think. 

Honestly, unless you are heading to the middle of nowhere there you'll have access to an Ikea or Mothercare or some such and can easily buy what you need. Take the pushchair as that can go in the hold on the plane most likely and you may want it the other end from the off, but the cot and a change table really not needed IMHO.

FWIW we never had a change table at all. Just used a mat on the floor. 

More important for a baby is a car seat if you are travelling the other end. 

Also if you have family the other end waiting for you they can probably source things you need ahead of time. A cot is a cot pretty much and so long as it does what you want (ie can lie lower or higher and/or drop sides or whatever else you want it to do, it will do the job. Cot mattress I would buy new but that is me. Anything else I'd not be overly fussed about it being perfect or brand new. Second hand can be an great option also to keep costs down. 

• 2 weeks later...