ANMAC Experience Error Question/s

lhumphreys

Hi Everyone!

Just received my skills determination from ANMAC, and I was approved, however, there were many errors in my years of experience.

They gave me credit for every job, just the years and dates are all over the place.

For example- my current hospital. I started in January 2014 as a travel nurse and stayed on as staff starting in September 2014. My manager clearly stated this in the letter that I am still a current employee, and have taken on more roles etc since transitioning to staff. ANMAC after the fact requested a letter from HR from the travel company as well, which states that my contract ended in September (which it did because I became staff). However, on the letter they wrote from January 2014-September 2014 (ignoring the period of time that I have been staff that my manager clearly explained). 

Also, I worked at one hospital called Washington Hospital Center, and another called George Washington University Medical Center (similar names, yes, but different places) and they gave me 9 months of experience at George Washington Medical Center when I had 4 months there and 5 at the other while doing contract/travel nursing, and didn't list the other for experience.

Finally, my work experience at all of the hospitals has been the same role. The way the hospitals explained the information was also very similar. However, for my first 2 hospitals as staff, and then 3 as a contract they gave me work experience for NEC. My final hospital (where they made the dates mistake) it says they give me work experience as Perioperative. Does this matter or not? Can I just claim overall work experience added together?

Does anybody know how to get them to rectify the dates? Does this need a full appeal and $400? All of the information is already in front of them so I'm not quite sure how this works.

Also, with the letter in hand can I go ahead and apply for the expression of interest? Do I have to only list what they gave me credit for (or can I list what I've actually done?). On the letter it does state this advice is the opinion of ANMAC, but does not guarantee the awarding of any points. 

Weird feeling to be happy and completely frustrated at the same time. I turn 33 in April so am trying to have this all finished before I lose points and with all of my experience should have been at 75, so was hoping to be invited quick. 

Thank you for any and all insight!

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey,

You should email them and explain the situation. If errors have been made then they will rectify them at no cost and issue a replacement letter. They can even email it to you if you ask them (although this appears to be at their discretion - sometimes they insist on posting it). This has been our experience. You can also call ANMAC with your reference number. I wouldn't go lodging an EOI until you have rectified the dates issue on the result letter. Remember, you should only be claiming points in an EOI for experience that you can actually verify. If the ANMAC result letter contradicts your employment evidence then you're asking for trouble.

Regarding the multiple nursing classifications depending on your role, this is ok as they are all closely related (first four digits of the ANZSCO are the same), so it can all be counted.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan
  • Like 2

Richard,

Thank you so much (again!) for the response. That is great news that if the ANZCO codes have the same 4 numbers in the beginning I can count them for the same credit- because they do :). 

How do people list employment that is ongoing/current and still get credit for it under the EOI? They have agreed to update my letter, but I am right on the border of the 8 year mark and want to get full points when in a few weeks I tip toe across that line. Do I have to put exactly what they put? Or can they mark that this is current (but dated from a certain date) and then I can just show proof of my ongoing employment to the immigration officer?

Thank you!

Lindsey