Help with visa 489 for community worker please

tori

Hi i'm currently studying a HNC in order to gain the required qualifications for 489 visa, my sister is a perm resident and has lived in Adelaide for 10 years.  i will be qualified in May

I have 7 years experience (in the last 10 years) as a community worker in the UK, but i'm wondering how recent this experience needs to be as for the past year 'ive been working part time less than 20 hours a week, before this i always worked 38 hours a week. 

Also how do they assess your level of English? is there a test i can do now in preparation before i apply that wont expire?

Thank you in advance

First, you need to check the requirements for the skills assessment for experience and qualifications. Generally, only experience that is post qualification is counted. 

You would also need to check the qualification as many such occupations require a degree. 

If you intend to claim points for English then you need to take a test such as ILETS or PTE.