How flexible are SA with 190 state nomination rules

Jellica

Hi,

We are looking into emigrating to Oz, pref SA, my partners skill is on the secondary skilled list so we would need the higher points of 80 to qualify for the 190. His skills assessment gave him 7 years experience which would go up to 8 years in June 2018 giving us an extra 5 points that we need.

I've noticed some states can be flexible with some details as long as you show commitment and tick all the other boxes.

Is it worth us applying for state nomination now? would SA be flexible with points? or would they refuse us? and if they did, is their a waiting period for South Australia before you can reapply for state nomination?

I am concerned that if we wait until June then their is the chance they will drop his skill off the lists altogether ... eep!

We would rather be on the 190 than the 489 as we have 2 young children and pets we want to bring so the added security of PR and ability to buy a house appeals.

plus if I'm honest, is like this to be our last British winter for a while

Thanks for reading and any input

J :)

Hi Liam, thanks for replying

I wasn't going to claim for points we don't have yet, I wondered if we made a good enough application explaining how we would have the points in June anyway if they could offer us state nomination for the 190 visa now but with a lower points needed... as I believe it is in the state nomination offer / acceptance letter that the points required are stated?

I have found on the SA immigration site that if you are refused state nomination then you can reapply straight away, no cooling off period like Victoria.

And from what I'm reading South Australia seem quite strict with their rules so I think we either need to wait till June to apply for 190 sponsorship or go for the 489 now. Unless anyone knows any different on here? :)

We’re applying from qld onshore. The state nomination was the easy part really but it doesn’t mean that you’ll get granted the visa as the state nomination just confirms that if you are able to evidence your application then you would get the 190. We applied 4 months ago, onshore with 80 points and for a high priority profession. The DIBP are meant to be inflexible, they have to demonstrate that they’ve followed the process. Its a long and frustrating mystery how they do it. In hindsight I’d prepare for the long haul and then if you get lucky with a quick grant then that’s a bonus. Good luck ? 

Ah Thanks,

I think because of the wonderful process we will try straight for the 190 in June, save us doing and paying for it twice if we are successful.

We've decided we want to move over pretty quickly and I just have visions of the visa being granted next Christmas which would be a fun time to move!

I wish we were onshore already, it's annoying when you've decided to do something like this but the process is so long ... feeling a bit stuck!

Guess it all helps make oz somewhere we want to be [emoji5] Good luck to you guys too

Archived