Hi everyone ~

Are there any other dietitians out here who have recently sat the written MCQ exam to have their overseas credential recognized in Australia? I just received notice that I passed the assessment to register for the March 2018 exam. It's been a few years (ahem ~ ) since I took the registered dietitian exam in the US, and I'm really not sure what to expect, and how much to prepare, for the Australian APD exam. I haven't found the DAA materials particularly helpful and their "sample exam" is only 5 questions. Anyone else have a better idea of what to expect?  

Thanks in advance, SO MUCH!

~ lulu

• 5 months later...

Hi there ~ I passed! Officially an APD now! Just found out a few weeks ago about the final hoop, the oral exam. Great news! It was *really* hard, and several of the dietitians in my study group did *not* pass, either the written or oral exams. The best thing I did, really, besides pouring tons and tons of time into studying, was to be on this WhatsApp group of other people sitting the exam ~ I was put in touch via my DAA mentor. I would highly recommend finding others to walk through the journey with, as in my experience, no-one else in my life wanted to hear all the nitty gritty details of how nerve wracking it was, or how much I disagreed with certain Aussie dietary guidelines, or whatever. Good luck to you! 

• 1 year later...
On 24/05/2018 at 12:36, Lulu Cook, RDN said:

Hi there ~ I passed! Officially an APD now! Just found out a few weeks ago about the final hoop, the oral exam. Great news! It was *really* hard, and several of the dietitians in my study group did *not* pass, either the written or oral exams. The best thing I did, really, besides pouring tons and tons of time into studying, was to be on this WhatsApp group of other people sitting the exam ~ I was put in touch via my DAA mentor. I would highly recommend finding others to walk through the journey with, as in my experience, no-one else in my life wanted to hear all the nitty gritty details of how nerve wracking it was, or how much I disagreed with certain Aussie dietary guidelines, or whatever. Good luck to you! 

Hello Ms. Lulu,
I am a Filipino Dietitian who just submitted my application for Eligibility Assessment. There's a huge difference between RDNs and Filipino Dietetic practice that's why I'm all the more nervous in this journey to APD but I'd still wanna try.

If I may ask, I would like to know how did you get to pass the MCQ exam. if you could help me with your resources for studying and you mentioned the group in WhatsApp, i'd like to know more too about the DAA mentoring. I think it will be a very big help. 

Thank you very much!

Mara 

• 11 months later...
On 24/05/2018 at 14:36, Lulu Cook, RDN said:

Hi LULU,

It is good to hear your feedback and positive journey, I am to sit for my exam in September very soon. Can you please refer me to this whatsapp Group.

Thank you