Waiting for 1st stage partner visa

zobomobo

Hi! My partner is here currently on a bridging visa while we wait for processing on the partner visa. I'm hoping someone can give us some sort of idea on how long it will take? We submitted the application a year ago today, immi account still says it's received but that's it. All necessary paperwork was submitted, his health check was completed 4 months ago and they haven't asked for any further info from either of us. The immi account website says 20 to 25 months, but that's for applications submitted October this year. All the waiting with no word at all and no apparent moving forward with the process is stressing us out, we want to get married once it's granted (2 weddings with the first being in England so his family can be there) but we can't plan anything until we know he can leave the country. I suppose my question is... if it's been a year so far, what's likely to be the wait time so we can start planning our lives properly without this hanging over our heads??

Back when you lodged, iirc, the processing time was 18 months or so. It may have been a bit longer. Hopefully they are still working to that and the new timeframe is for applications made since they updated the website. 

I really hope so. Remember it being 12-15 months or 9 months for low risk, given he'd been here on two tourist visas before the long stay and did everything right on those trips and the year long one, we were hoping for some sort of answer by now. But hopefully won't be much longer til we hear. Thanks for your reply 

12 hours ago, zobomobo said:

Saw that it was processed in order of application, just hating the feeling that nothing seems to be moving. Must learn to be patient, but it's a hard thing to do emoji4.png

I did read elsewhere (reputable source)  that onshore processing is getting longer and could be 2-3 years.

• Like 1

That's what the website is saying now.. that it's been received but processing now is 20-25 months. Just can't figure out if it's new applications or old ones too, and it's bugging me as like I said, they had low and high risk when he applied, low risk was 9 months, high was 15 months. He was low risk for 3 tourist visas (granted within 2 days each time), so we were hoping that it would be no more than 15 given they had to look into him more for a partner one. Really hoping it gets sorted soon, it's so stressful not knowing what's going on. checking immi account almost daily for any sort of news, but there's never anything new

1 hour ago, zobomobo said:

That's what the website is saying now.. that it's been received but processing now is 20-25 months. Just can't figure out if it's new applications or old ones too, and it's bugging me as like I said, they had low and high risk when he applied, low risk was 9 months, high was 15 months. He was low risk for 3 tourist visas (granted within 2 days each time), so we were hoping that it would be no more than 15 given they had to look into him more for a partner one. Really hoping it gets sorted soon, it's so stressful not knowing what's going on. checking immi account almost daily for any sort of news, but there's never anything new

its all applications. There is a huge backlog, partly because so many more people are arrivng as tourists and applying onshore.

• Like 1