Independently apply for visa or go through an agent?

c2001aw

Hi,

We're looking to apply for a 189 visa (I'm a qualified nurse in the uk) but we're not sure whether to use an agent or not.

My name was changed by deedpoll when I was 2 years old, then when my mam remarried I took on her new name with the view of being adopted, however my biological father stopped this from happening (this means that I used an unofficial name from the age of 5-15 ie through school until I opened my first bank account).

I also received a caution for shoplifting aged 16 (my ex partner stole from a shop and put it in my bag) which was never more than a caution but I have been warned it can show up under an enhanced CRB check. I have never had any convictions and have proved good standing and been a registered nurse for 5 years now (there have never been any concerns from employers etc).

I am now 30 years old and looking to emigrate with my husband (No convictions and no name changes thank god) and our 2 year old daughter, but I'm a bit worried about doing it independently due to the above mentioned factors. Any advice anyone can offer is greatly appreciated (and yes I am aware that I was an idiot at 16).

Thanks in advance x

Thank you, I've been looking at the recent thread but due to the name change and caution I wasn't sure whether it was s good idea to do it independently - I'm quite happy with doing the application myself (I worked as a paralegal years ago so know my way around paperwork haha)
I'd love to do it myself as well to save the money and put it towards the medicals but not if it jeopardizes our chances of gaining entry x

• Like 1

I am sure you can pay them for a pre application consultation and they will direct you to the right route of entry, that may be an option if you would be confident to complete everything lese yourself. Hopefully one of the agents will post and explain ( better than me,lol)  if / how they can help without providing a fulle service.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x