MoneyCorp - Anyone actually used them?

PW1

Hello,

I wondered if anyone on here has actually used Moneycorp to transfer a large(ish) sum of money over? How did you find it, and how did they compare to another transfer service you have used in terms of ease of use, and rate? Thanks, appreciate any and all feedback.

Regards,

PW

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @PW1 I have been on the forum since 2007 when we were looking to transfer money from our house sale. Moneycorp had a great reputation even back then and it’s through members on here that we chose them to move our house money. I must have been their worst ever customer as I was so worried that my money would get lost in transit and I asked them a thousand and one questions. Every one was answered in a professional and timely manner. The move was so easy and so fast I can’t understand why I was even worried now. I remember at the time two of their competitors contacted me saying they could offer a better rate, but we found Moneycorp matched this and gave us a little extra. We also moved when it reached the peak at 2.65, we tied in that rate which was good because we were actually asleep when it was reached.

Since then I know of around 4,000 members who have used Moneycorp both going back and coming. Obviously there will be a hell of a lot more but these are ones who I knew on the forum. 

Obviously Moneycorp sponsor the forum this allows us to make the forum free to members and keep updating it. However, saying that we have never accepted sponsorship from a business we haven’t used ourselves and been happy with. 

We used Moneycorp to transfer our house sale money and were happy with them.  Can’t compare them to anyone else as haven’t used anyone else.  We even got a better rate than the one first offered just by my OH asking for one (our financial advisor suggested opening accounts with several providers and playing them off against each other but we never got round to opening other accounts).  The most painful part of the whole process was getting the money from our bank to the Moneycorp account, but everything else was smooth and hassle free.