189 Visa when is next Invitation due???

Evel1184

Hi all

Submitted EOI on 14 October 2017 (75 points accountant) and am waiting for an invite now.

Does anyone know when the next invitation round is due?  Also, has anyone had an invite for November yet?

I thought an invite round would come about today but haven't seen or heard anything anywhere.  Fingers crossed someone can enlighten me!

Cheers

Andy

There's been no invites so far in November for 189, there was speculation that there would be a round today but it didn't happen. Everyone is waiting for official confirmation from DIPB when it will be. I expect they'll announce something soon.
I'm waiting in accounting as well and based on 14th October I think you'll be waiting several more rounds based on recent trends (I think it's about 29 day movement in the last two rounds at 75 and it's 4th September cutoff at the moment) so at a guess id say maybe 3-4 rounds but there's been so much disruption in accounting lately nothing would surprise me.

There was a round today, the unofficial movement for accounting appears to be somewhere on the 15th Sept at 75 points (early hours have been invited but others not) from other forums so 11 day movement including 3 weeks of 80+ pointers. The previous estimate of 12-15 day movement on a two week round gap appears to be holding at the moment so think you will still have a couple of rounds to wait if it continues as it is at the moment. 

• 1 month later...
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a possibility for invitations for 70 points in accounting or auditor?
If I'm correct they have used up 50% of the ceiling value
Any feedback would be appreciated

Hi
Am not sure how much of the annual accounting or auditing capacity has been used up. Maybe check a few of the forums to try and find this info. Iscah I think is another forum/source which has proved helpful.

Many people told me that I needed 75 points to get a prompt invitation as an accountant so I don’t think that 70 points will get you a timely invite as an accountant. I didn’t enquire of anyone what was required in terms of points for an auditor so maybe someone else can help on this.

How does your 70 points stack up? Maybe you can get more by doing English test?

Cheers
A

2 hours ago, Evel1184 said:

Hi
Am not sure how much of the annual accounting or auditing capacity has been used up. Maybe check a few of the forums to try and find this info. Iscah I think is another forum/source which has proved helpful.

Many people told me that I needed 75 points to get a prompt invitation as an accountant so I don’t think that 70 points will get you a timely invite as an accountant. I didn’t enquire of anyone what was required in terms of points for an auditor so maybe someone else can help on this.

How does your 70 points stack up? Maybe you can get more by doing English test?

Cheers
A

Hi thanks for your insights. Just 10 points in PTE. At this stage 8's seems out of reach. Hope there's not many 75's left so that they could kick off with the 70's. 

The amount of sweat and money people need to produce if no good news is just ridiculous

Hi thanks for your insights. Just 10 points in PTE. At this stage 8's seems out of reach. Hope there's not many 75's left so that they could kick off with the 70's. 
The amount of sweat and money people need to produce if no good news is just ridiculous

Put the hard yards in and get yourself 20 points for English language. Then with 80 points you should get invited pretty quick if there are spaces left for accountants this year.

My understanding is that 70 points won’t get you very far as there will regularly be people with 75 points who I think will generally always be in front of you in the queue.