Partner 820 Medical and Police Checks

Emma Hadley

Hi,

Just want to clear something up - I had a look over the Partner Migration booklet last night and it says if you're applying for the 820 (onshore) partner visa then you should submit your police and medical checks with the application. I've been reading posts on this forum for the last year or so and everyone says you should wait until the case officer tells you to go and get the checks in case they expire, meaning you'd have to pay for them again. It gives the advice to wait to get the checks if you're applying offshore, but please could someone clarify for me if I need to submit a police and medical check when I submit the application for my 820 onshore partner visa?

Thanks so much!

IIRC the booklet has said that for years but the advice I've generally seen has always been to wait till asked as processing times change constantly and are getting longer and longer as the years tick by and the medical and police checks are only valid for a year.

On shore applications are running at around 18 months from lodging so I'd not worry about doing them for when lodging if it were me. Some people do, others don't. Entirely up to you. Front loading doesn't speed the application up.