Queensland trip

mintywind

We plan to visit Queensland this March or April. Would it be a great season to visit? It's my daughter's spring break so I'd like to grab that chance to go for a short vacation. Can you suggest a good hotel to stay in. We're not after 5 star hotel. We just want a decent one, a good place to sleep. Anyway, we will be out most of the time and the hotel will be just a place to sleep and keep our things. Thanks in advance!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @mintywind, Queensland is huge around 1,727,000 square km, so you may have to give us some idea of where in Queensland. For March/April I would recommend Cairns, although you may hit the tail end of the cyclone/wet season.  What kind of things do you like? Beach? Outback?

48 minutes ago, mintywind said:

Hi. Thank you all! We would love to see Hamilton Island. Would it be too expensive?

"Too expensive" means different things to different people - and we have no idea what that means to you.  Have a browse on this site and you will get an idea of costs: -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g255085-Hamilton_Island_Whitsunday_Islands_Queensland-Vacations.html

8 hours ago, mintywind said:

Hi. Thank you all! We would love to see Hamilton Island. Would it be too expensive?

''Hammo,'' as it is known as, is the millionaires' playground...

Check out the other island resorts, but I think Cyclone 'Debbie' might have knocked a few of them about a bit.

You could do daytrips from Airlie, or Shute Harbour.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 1 month later...