187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi there.

Ā 

I am new here.

Ā 

Need help to apply Medicare.

Ā 

I have applied for my RSMS- 187 visa Direct.

Ā 

Lodge on 12 April 2016.

Waiting...

On bridging

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

How to apply for Medicare ?

Ā 

Can anyone suggest me if I can go directly into madicare Branch and get things done.

Ā 

I live in shared house, so no utility bills n rent stuff on my name.

Ā 

All I have is Victorian licence and Bank statements on my name n address.

Ā 

Is Any one out here ,who applied for Medicare being on Bridging visa while applying Rsms187.

Ā 

Any kind of info will be helpful.

Thanks.

Ā 

as far as I know you just need your receipt of visa lodgement number and a copy of your bridging visa and passport. There is a form online to fill out

[h=2]Bridging visa E conditions[/h]

Hello guys.

Ā 

I will apply for Master course offshore and once i arrive australia i will lodge application for visa subclass 187 onshore. I woud like to ask after I lodge application for 187, does it take long time to get the bridging visa E? (if i am not wrong that is the bridging visa i will get for 187) Do i have to keep studying my Master course?

Ā 

Thank you for reading my issue

Ā 

Bridging visa E conditions

Ā 

Hello guys.

Ā 

I will apply for Master course offshore and once i arrive australia i will lodge application for visa subclass 187 onshore. I woud like to ask after I lodge application for 187, does it take long time to get the bridging visa E? (if i am not wrong that is the bridging visa i will get for 187) Do i have to keep studying my Master course?

Ā 

Thank you for reading my issue

Ā 

Ā 

are you planning to cancel your master course visa I am assuming student visa once you have lodged your 187? I am on a bridging visa E now, it's not as easy as it seems. You will have to apply for one.

Ā 

You will be granted a bridging visa A once your 187 is lodged and that will come into effect once your student visa expires if your 187 is not yet decided. If you cancel your student your bridging visa A will also cease

are you planning to cancel your master course visa I am assuming student visa once you have lodged your 187? I am on a bridging visa E now, it's not as easy as it seems. You will have to apply for one.

Ā 

You will be granted a bridging visa A once your 187 is lodged and that will come into effect once your student visa expires if your 187 is not yet decided. If you cancel your student your bridging visa A will also cease

Ā 

No. I will apply for 187 while holding student visa. What will happen? Do i get bridging E? My concern is do I really need to keep studying once i lodge for 187 in order to stay here legally or I can stay here with some kind of bridging visa?

Any one have idea about form 1399?

Ā 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Declaration of service, this form seeks information from you that will be used by the

department to assess your visa or citizenship application . All forms are available at DIBP website you can download it and review it . Thanks ā˜ŗ

No. I will apply for 187 while holding student visa. What will happen? Do i get bridging E? My concern is do I really need to keep studying once i lodge for 187 in order to stay here legally or I can stay here with some kind of bridging visa?

Ā 

Ā 

I would recommend you continue studying and then automatically go onto your bridging visa A. Immigration doesn't like it when you say you are coming for a purpose and you are not. If you do not cancel you student visa you will not need a bridging visa E.

Ā 

i was in the exact same position as you I was on a student visa and I needed to start work for my 187 employer so I voluntarily cancelled my student visa so I then had to apply for a bridging visa E. The conditions on a bridging visa E are not great. You will have to apply for work right and study rights if needed.

I would recommend you continue studying and then automatically go onto your bridging visa A. Immigration doesn't like it when you say you are coming for a purpose and you are not. If you do not cancel you student visa you will not need a bridging visa E.

Ā 

i was in the exact same position as you I was on a student visa and I needed to start work for my 187 employer so I voluntarily cancelled my student visa so I then had to apply for a bridging visa E. The conditions on a bridging visa E are not great. You will have to apply for work right and study rights if needed.

Ā 

Does it take long time to get bridging visa E?

I got mine the same day as I went in person to apply

Ā 

I got it. Thank you so much for your help.

Ā 

By the way is there any thread discussing about application for visa subclass 485 within this forum? I ask that because it seems to be that you know this forum quite well :)

as far as I know you just need your receipt of visa lodgement number and a copy of your bridging visa and passport. There is a form online to fill out

Is it we can apply Medicare after lodgement ???i thought visa grant number is required for Medicare :dull:

Nhung Nguy, if you apply for a student visa (Master course) Then you get into a student visa. If you apply onshore for a 187 RSMS visa then your student visa will still be in effect and you have to continue your studies. Bridging visas are visas that do what it name says, a bridge between two visas. In your particular case a bridging visa won't be required. Certain master courses allow you to work full time, so that should be fine if you worry about your employment.

Ā 

If you come with student visa and then withdraw your course your student visa will be cancelled and you will most likely have to go back to your country.

Ā 

Why don't just apply 187 offshore and save yourself the money for a house lol

Ā 

BTW Bridging visa E is the worst of the bridging visas, it doesn't allow you to study, neither work. Although you can request permission for special situations but its not guaranteed.

Is it we can apply Medicare after lodgement ???i thought visa grant number is required for Medicare :dull:

Ā 

Yes apply Medicare who ever have applied for PR VISA. you just need your passport and bridging visa copy to apply this if you have private health insurance then you can stop it immediately after applying Medicare.

Yes apply Medicare who ever have applied for PR VISA. you just need your passport and bridging visa copy to apply this if you have private health insurance then you can stop it immediately after applying Medicare.

Omg I don't know about that n I am paying a lot from 8 months to private health insurance,I will definitely apply today Medicare.thanks a lot .

Omg I don't know about that n I am paying a lot from 8 months to private health insurance,I will definitely apply today Medicare.thanks a lot .

Ā 

Go to Medicare office with your current passport and bridging visa copy and fill the form in office. Then give a call to your private health insurance company and tell them you want to stop it because you have applied for your Medicare. Your Medicare card will arrive to you within 15-20 days

Go to Medicare office with your current passport and bridging visa copy and fill the form in office. Then give a call to your private health insurance company and tell them you want to stop it because you have applied for your Medicare. Your Medicare card will arrive to you within 15-20 days

And one more question after visa grant we have to inform Medicare branch again ????

Hi I was wondering I m on student visa can I still cancel my private health insurance as I received my Medicare, will it affact my student visa conditions?

Hi I was wondering I m on student visa can I still cancel my private health insurance as I received my Medicare, will it affact my student visa conditions?

Ā 

If you got your Medicare then you can cancel your private health insurance. But still check with some other one

Declaration of service, this form seeks information from you that will be used by the

department to assess your visa or citizenship application . All forms are available at DIBP website you can download it and review it . Thanks ā˜ŗ

Thx Zoya. Anyone have asked for this form ?

Ā 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk