187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Melbourne center and occupation electronics trade worker

Hi thnx for replying in your occupation was there that 2 yrs experience thing required if yes did u had any??

and what was your qualification m tensed a lot will appreciate ur reply

Hey guys, I m a Quantity Surveyor. I m interested to migrate to any parts of Australia. So, I tried to apply offshore for RSMS only (the most suitable/ qualified for visa category for myself) using Skillselect, without the help of migration agent. The other reason why I m using skillselect is because I do not have an employer who will nominate me.

Ā 

Just curious, anyone here who use Skillselect to apply for RSMS? How long it takes for any response from any company/organization that is willing to nominate me?

Ā 

Pls kindly assist me. Cheers

Hey guys, I m a Quantity Surveyor. I m interested to migrate to any parts of Australia. So, I tried to apply offshore for RSMS only (the most suitable/ qualified for visa category for myself) using Skillselect, without the help of migration agent. The other reason why I m using skillselect is because I do not have an employer who will nominate me.

Ā 

Just curious, anyone here who use Skillselect to apply for RSMS? How long it takes for any response from any company/organization that is willing to nominate me?

Ā 

Since I have been frequenting migration forums (well over 10 years now) I have never once seen anyone find an employer through the skills select (or previous versions of).

You will have to look for an employer if this is the route you want to go. Even then, it is very hard if not already in Australia.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I just got a offer by a company which contacted me via Skillselect, but please note, I did not do that on purpose, I submitted it Aug. 2012 right after I submitted my 485 graduation visa application.

As a Chinese old saying says, you can meet it occasionally, but you can not ask for it.

Awesome. Good to hear that. At least, it gives me a little bit of hope to work in Australia one day. Haha. I hope you don't mind telling me which occupation r u in?

Ā 

Anyone else here who go through the Skillselect to get any job offer from the company in Australia?

Ā 

I just got a offer by a company which contacted me via Skillselect, but please note, I did not do that on purpose, I submitted it Aug. 2012 right after I submitted my 485 graduation visa application.

As a Chinese old saying says, you can meet it occasionally, but you can not ask for it.

Awesome. Good to hear that. At least, it gives me a little bit of hope to work in Australia one day. Haha. I hope you don't mind telling me which occupation r u in?

Ā 

Anyone else here who go through the Skillselect to get any job offer from the company in Australia?

Ā 

IT, I am an iOS programmer.

Hello, My questios is about 187 for cooks. I had been working part time as a cook for the last 3 years and 8 months.(part time cause i am student), i had been in australia 4 years, i will finish cert 3 in commercial cookery and i will apply to RPL in cert 4 in comercial cookery and diploma in business. (i had been studied 7 years in my home country ā€“ social comunication journalism and specialization in strategic managment and i had been working as a cook 3 years 8 months in australia)

right now i try to get 6 in each band in ielts. and A restaurant wants to sponsorme in 187 as a cook. they had sponsor before another cooks with cert 4 in commercial cookery as skills. i want to apply but i just have cert 3 in commercial cookery and i will do my rpl in cert 4 in commercial cookery . plus my 5 years degree in comunications and my specialization in strategic managment plus my experiences as a consultor, trainer in my country, plus my 3 years 8 months working part time here as a cook. Can i apply for 187 with my studies and experiences in latinoamerica and australia.?

Ā 

I have been talking with some immi agent and they said i can, cause i have the cert 3, experiences as a cook (during my life in oz) and experiences in business plus my degree and my post degree pluse my cert 4 in commercial cookery (RPL), But some people said that i cant cause i need to have two years of experiences after you finish cert 3 or 4 or diploma.. always is neccesary the 2 years full time experiences after that.

In cert 3 i did one year of practical pluse teorical. I already ask to some schools if i can have rpl in cert 4 and diploma and they answerme yes, so i will start the process soon with them.

Now, is better if i do the RPL in cert 4? and where you reckon is good to do it?

Ā 

Had anyone here recived the 187 recently, they said that the rules change, and now they dont acept the cert 4, they need the 2 years of full time experiences after you finish. I read the rules and said, cert 3 plus 2 years or cert 4. but this cert four has to have different units with cert 3. the immi agent makeme confuse about this topic, some of them said i can, some of them said that i cant. its really difficult situation and i dont know to who belive. so anyone here have idea about it.

Ā 

Can i apply with cert pluse my experiences and my degree in latinoamerica.

I am running my own blog right now about motivation, life coach, marketing and soon i will start with videos about internatinal cookery.

if i have any possibility with 187 and what i have to do or if i have another option,maybe for another of my skills like marketing, comunication, journalism, business, strategic managment, inclusive as an actor cause i studied as well different courses and im doing in my free time comedy here. i had studied a lot. i want to organice my life here and see if i can apply for a 187 or another visa

Thanks for your Help

I'm looking for some help or perhaps information from someone who has been in a similar situation. My RCB was approved on 13th July and employer nomination lodged on 14th July, I submitted my application/documentation on 5th August. I am currently on 417 which as a lot of you will be aware has a restriction that only allows you to work with the one employer for 6 months, my 6 months was up on Friday, I have been in touch with immigration and they said I have been granted bridging visa A, however it is currently 'out of action' as my 417 doesn't expire until January and my bridging visa won't kick in until then.

Ā 

I then submitted a 'permission to work beyond 6 months form' along with a 'letter of support' last week, my question is what are the chances this will get approved while my 187 is being processed? I currently in a rental agreement and have bills to pay, thankfully I have some savings but they won't last forever. Any information from people who have been in or know of people who have been in a similar situation is greatly appreciated.

You shouldn't have any problem getting the 6 month restriction listed if you are working at the place which is sponsoring you.

Ā 

Thank you for the reply blossom, that's what I was hoping to hear. They said it can take up to 4 weeks to process the form but hopefully it doesn't take that long.

I'm looking for some help or perhaps information from someone who has been in a similar situation. My RCB was approved on 13th July and employer nomination lodged on 14th July, I submitted my application/documentation on 5th August. I am currently on 417 which as a lot of you will be aware has a restriction that only allows you to work with the one employer for 6 months, my 6 months was up on Friday, I have been in touch with immigration and they said I have been granted bridging visa A, however it is currently 'out of action' as my 417 doesn't expire until January and my bridging visa won't kick in until then.

Ā 

I then submitted a 'permission to work beyond 6 months form' along with a 'letter of support' last week, my question is what are the chances this will get approved while my 187 is being processed? I currently in a rental agreement and have bills to pay, thankfully I have some savings but they won't last forever. Any information from people who have been in or know of people who have been in a similar situation is greatly appreciated.

Ā 

I was in a similar situation. I began working with my employer on the 6th December 2012. My RCB was submitted in Feb 2013 and I front loaded my medicals and submitted my visa application on the 6th April 2013. I also requested a permission to work beyond the 6 months which was approved the same day however I did have my Transaction Reference Number (TRN) allowing them to check I had actually submitted my visa application.

Ā 

My visa was granted on the 10th of May 2013. Timeline below

Ā 

Employer nomination submitted on 06.02.13

Medicals undertook on 01.03.13

Visa Submitted on 06.04.13

Outcome received 10.05.13

I was in a similar situation. I began working with my employer on the 6th December 2012. My RCB was submitted in Feb 2013 and I front loaded my medicals and submitted my visa application on the 6th April 2013. I also requested a permission to work beyond the 6 months which was approved the same day however I did have my Transaction Reference Number (TRN) allowing them to check I had actually submitted my visa application.

Ā 

My visa was granted on the 10th of May 2013. Timeline below

Ā 

Employer nomination submitted on 06.02.13

Medicals undertook on 01.03.13

Visa Submitted on 06.04.13

Outcome received 10.05.13

Ā 

Thanks for the reply. I submitted my form Friday week ago but still no response, I really hope to get one soon.

Is there a fixed requirement for employers for 187? I mean the company wants to sponsor me is fairly small, is that gona be a problem?

Ā 

Thanks for any comments!

There are lots of requirement. They must have a certain turn over, have a certain number of perminant Aussie staff, must spend a certain amount of money per year on training current staff.

If your employer hasn't find it before it's definetly worth getting a migration agent.

There are lots of requirement. They must have a certain turn over, have a certain number of perminant Aussie staff, must spend a certain amount of money per year on training current staff.

If your employer hasn't find it before it's definetly worth getting a migration agent.

Ā 

Thanks for your reply, my employer has got a agent, I am just worry about whether it meets the requirements and it is the first time they ever sponsor a employee.

Thanks again, I think I should ask them about that.