Senior electronic engineer - which state is best?

Chasing a dream

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/09/2017 at 01:42, Chasing a dream said:

Hi,

My husband is a senior electronic engineer and I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any advice about which state may offer more job prospects in this profession? I know the 2 obvious answers for better job prospects are Sydney and Melbourne, but anywhere else? 

Just wondering. Thanks.

My personal choice would be Melbourne, less congested than Syd. But still a very large City. I have use to travel to all major cities here in Oz while working and Syd was always the most difficult and time consuming for driving. I think you would have more freedom of where you live in Melb. Relitive to where you work. 

Adelaide is very easy to drive around (big country town feel) and the Aerospace and defence industries are healthy.

24 minutes ago, Chasing a dream said:

Thank you Coblers.....really appreciate your response. I love the look of Adelaide but unfortunately the defence and aerospace jobs all state that applicants must be Australian citizens :/ 

Thats a problem you will encounter in any state. Most of those jobs are Federal Government jobs and thus require citizenship. 

• 4 months later...

Archived