Partner Visa

Biker Dave

I applied for my Temporary Partner visa 2 years ago this month. I am now waiting for immigration to contact me to apply for my Permanent Partner Visa. I have gathered further information which I will need for this. Am I right in thinking that I have to wait for them to ask for this info because my original application and my wife's sponsorship application online there does not seem to be any way I can submit more info on our original forms?

1 hour ago, Biker Dave said:

I applied for my Temporary Partner visa 2 years ago this month. I am now waiting for immigration to contact me to apply for my Permanent Partner Visa. I have gathered further information which I will need for this. Am I right in thinking that I have to wait for them to ask for this info because my original application and my wife's sponsorship application online there does not seem to be any way I can submit more info on our original forms?

If you go into your Immiaccount it should allow you to do your application, as long as the two years have passed.  You don't submit it as more info on the original application, you will need to do it as a fresh set of documents for the 100 or 801. 

From memory it asks for the original grant number to link the applications, and you can then start the PR application from there, filling in all the forms as you go, just like the first stage.

Edited by Nemesis

"Maintaining a valid visa You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the Department will write to you and invite to provide further information. There are no travel restrictions associated with your temporary visa. If you wish to travel outside Australia pending a decision on your permanent visa application, please ensure that you advise the Department of your contact details as failure to respond to requests for information can lead to a refusal of your application and the ceasing of your current visa"

Sorry just found this on immi info document.

5 hours ago, Biker Dave said:

"Maintaining a valid visa You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the Department will write to you and invite to provide further information. There are no travel restrictions associated with your temporary visa. If you wish to travel outside Australia pending a decision on your permanent visa application, please ensure that you advise the Department of your contact details as failure to respond to requests for information can lead to a refusal of your application and the ceasing of your current visa"

Sorry just found this on immi info document.

They should contact you within about a month of the 2 year anniversary of the original application. But whether they do or not, if you log into your Immiaccount, once the 2 year anniversary has passed. you will be able to fill in the paperwork and submit the documents for the PR stage, as long as you have your original grant number and visa number. We didn't get the email until 4 months AFTER our anniversary, by which time we had already competed the PR paperwork 

Although they say its not a new application, it is as good as one; you need to submit a lot of evidence of the continuing relationship, and you need to compete the online relationship statement stuff again, joint finances, how you support each other emotionally etc etc.

2 hours ago, Biker Dave said:

Thanks for that. So I click on New Application, click on Family Visa, select Partner Visa Stage 2 and proceed.

Do I submit the same script for how we support each other etc as I did in the Temp Visa application or should I rewrite it fresh?

The idea is to show how you now support each other, combine your finances etc. You have to show that after the two years you are still in a committed relationship, and presumably there have been some changes - buying/renting a new house, pans for kids, new joint activities/purchases etc. Although a lot of things will be similar there should be some aspects of life which have changed? They are looking for continued commitment not just a rehash of the previous stuff - at the very least, rewrite it in slightly different language!

Done all that thanks.

Now I have nearly completed the online form, been saving it as I go along BUT when I logged out and back in I cannot find any way to get back to finish my online form plus they have given me a new TRN number!!

I have clicked on the Stage 2 section displayed but I cannot find the saved application form again.

This is harder than the original application!

Edited by Biker Dave

50 minutes ago, Biker Dave said:

Done all that thanks.

Now I have nearly completed the online form, been saving it as I go along BUT when I logged out and back in I cannot find any way to get back to finish my online form plus they have given me a new TRN number!!

I have clicked on the Stage 2 section displayed but I cannot find the saved application form again.

This is harder than the original application!

Can't hep you there I'm afraid. 

Our origina was on paper, much much easier all round!