Watching British TV programs

Guest David

There's more to watch on Uk TV, although the quality is not any better in my opinion. Both have way too many American show for my liking.

There are less ads on Uk TV, but you have to pay $A600 yearly for that privledge, compared to zilch in Aus.

I'd say most people will miss a show or two after they've moved, but you soon forget them and get on with it. People who love the outdoorsy things will definately adapt easier, as sitting inside in front of the tele all day is not what most aussies do (unless the cricket is on of course). :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikebloke

if you like UK tv, then there is always ABC channel on normal free to air tv. they show plenty of the british dramas. the local tv is pretty poor. many people have foxtel (like sky) and sorry but i dont agree that the aussies live outdoors, just as many veg out in front of tv all evening. go to any beach and you will find plenty of room . upside of it is that you can barbie 200 times a year in adelaide if you like, and you wont get rained on.

if ur jomesick u can get lots of shows on foxtell or friday night we get frost, the bill , inspector linley ect . anyway we dont sit around infront of the box over here , the weather is too good for that

Archived