Teacher - State Registration

joeh99

Hi All,

Having recieved my 189 Visa grant on Monday, I am in the process of registering as a teacher with TRBWA. You are required to submit a UK police check with the application. This can be obtained through fit2work, an external body appointed by the WA government to carry out international checks. I would like to know if anyone has gained their registeration by simply submitting their UK police check which would have been obtained as part of the visa process? It seems it is not compulsory to use this fit2work (as per below text taken from the TRBWA website); however, I am unsure whether the police check done for immigration purposes is suffice.

Any advice welcome! Thankyou.

Overseas criminal record checks obtained directly from the country

If you have already obtained or commenced the process of obtaining an OCRC directly from the relevant authority in the country you resided in, it will be accepted by the TRBWA  provided that it:

• is received by 30 November 2017
  • is the correct check/document, issued by the correct agency/authority in the relevant country (see the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website for information)
  • was issued within the last 12 months
  • includes all the names by which you have been known in that country
  • covers the entire time you resided in that country from the age of 18
  • is accompanied by an English translation, completed by an authorised translator (if the OCRC is in a language other than English)
  • is properly certified by an authorised witness

Archived