WHY IS THE $AUD SO WEAK COMPARED TO THE £ AT THE MOMENT?

Guest JAMIEKERRIE

Guest JAMIEKERRIE

We were wondering if anybody knows/has an opinion as to why the $AUD is so weak compared to the £ at the moment, compared to what it used to be like? (Could it be a sign the Australian economy is struggling a bit etc)

The reason I ask you this, as the exchange rate seems too good to be true right now!

The Australian Government has just announced the lowest economic growth rate for some years and the economy is headed for recession due to the severe drought . Not really good news is it !! . :cry:

We were wondering if anybody knows/has an opinion as to why the $AUD is so weak compared to the £ at the moment, compared to what it used to be like?

Almost certainly because I have booked a holiday back to the UK in January...!!! :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

The AUD has been pretty stable for some time now (several years) hovering around 40p. Around 2000-2001 it dropped to around 33p for a while & that did hurt if you we're travelling to the UK.

The AUD has been pretty stable for some time now (several years) hovering around 40p. Around 2000-2001 it dropped to around 33p for a while & that did hurt if you we're travelling to the UK.

...it Did! I was tere on holiday then too... :(

Archived