Family friendly areas in Perth - Sorrento?

sns

No personal experience of the primary school but I did live in Sorrento for 12 months and had many friends who had their kids at the local school.  Hear very good things.  The suburb is lovely, close to all things and you won't go far wrong living there if you can afford to :)

Edited by northernbird

Very nice area, I have family in Greenwood and my cousin's son plays for Sorrento football club.  Good club, well run with a strong community feel.  Have teams for all ages and standards and joining a club is a great way to integrate into the community.

I do like the area, it is a bit pricey and a bit too suburbia for my taste.  I suppose you have Hillarys (I am not a huge fan but some people love it).  I think long term it will do well as a middle ring family suburb close to beaches and not too far from the city.  It is pricey but will be resilient IMO, I've not seen any anti social behaviour around there.

My personal taste is more inner ring suburbs with a bit more life, I like to be walking distance to cafes, bars, restaurants, shops etc.  That's just me though.

Good luck, espeically on the job front - it's tough out there.

Thank you for your reply Collie, that's all great news as the things you mentioned - walking to resturants etc doesn't worry us as kids are little. We just want somewhere family focused, so far we are happy with the choice (albeit just 1 day at school so far).

Husband found a great job and started today too, so far so good

• Like 1

Sorrento is a lovely suburb. Great high school Sacred Heart (oh's cousin went and we have friends who have kids there). Super close to the beach. Expensive mind. As are most of this suburbs around there (if you're on the 'beach' side of Marmion Ave). 

My preferences would be (along with Sorrento), Kallaroo, Mullaloo, North Beach, Karrinyup, Ocean Reef, Marmion, Watermans Bay.

Plus some parts of Carine, Greenwood and Duncraig.