Melbourne - Coffs Harbour Roadtrip

kevsan

Hi

Planning a road trip to coffs harbour next year in the july holidays (approx 2 weeks). Looking for ideas for stopping off points etc, things to do / see / places to stay. We will have 2 kids and a dog so a freeway blast is not the preferred option. Was looking for scenic routes and options for stop overs. Initially thinking Eden and Lake Macquarie as overnights, but happy to break it up differently and take  a different route back. Probably basing around Toormina for a few days in the middle.

Any thoughts?

I've done the trip up and down the NSW south coast countless times. 

I would recommend that you stop (starting from the south) at Central Tilba for a look at a cute, heritage-listed village. Batemans Bay is a good overnight stop in a fab location and plenty of hotel/motel/cafe options. Just north of Batemans Bay, Pebbly Beach is a must for a quick look at kangaroos on the beach and native parrots flying around. Milton is good for a coffee stop. Any of the Jervis Bay villages are lovely for a break and, if you have time,  Greenpatch (beach) is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.  Look at Kiama for the Blowhole. Travel into Sydney via the coast road through Wollongong and you will go along the Seacliff bridge built in the sea to avoid rockfalls.

Archived