Shipping valuable Items

namron1

Has anyone found that any of their more valuable items have gone missing during the Shipping process, I am thinking more here when the containers are around the Docks at either end of the shipping, especially when they are waiting at the receiving end to be move to one's house. Does the insurance cover this risk?

Has anyone found that any of their more valuable items have gone missing during the Shipping process, I am thinking more here when the containers are around the Docks at either end of the shipping, especially when they are waiting at the receiving end to be move to one's house. Does the insurance cover this risk?

Some of our tools didn't make it and despite them being packed and loaded by the removals company, the responsibility and therefore the insurance request was disputed on the basis that the QLD police (yes we had to lodge them as stolen) couldn't check the cctv as it is only kept by the container people at the port for a maximum of 7 days, yet we had 14 days in which to submit the claim. [emoji31][emoji849]

7 minutes ago, Lou Dower said:

Some of our tools didn't make it and despite them being packed and loaded by the removals company, the responsibility and therefore the insurance request was disputed on the basis that the QLD police (yes we had to lodge them as stolen) couldn't check the cctv as it is only kept by the container people at the port for a maximum of 7 days, yet we had 14 days in which to submit the claim. emoji31.pngemoji849.png

Who did you insure with?

4 minutes ago, Lou Dower said:

It was Grace Removals
Admin: Remove post if not allowed!

So you insured through the company you used to ship and not separately?

ETA - I'd be interested to know if someone that used a seperate company had the same kind of problems claiming for missing items.

So you insured through the company you used to ship and not separately?
ETA - I'd be interested to know if someone that used a seperate company had the same kind of problems claiming for missing items.

Yes, it was arranged through an employer so we didn't get to choose.

Archived