register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Lucylulp

What counts as a days work?

Hi, 

I need a bit of advise. If I am working for a farmer on a casual basis 5 days a week for 10 weeks, but some days I am only required to work for 2 hrs, does this 2 hr day still count toward the 88 days?

I am struggling to find a definite answer online...

thank you!

From Policy:

"Under policy, three months is taken to mean 88 days, which is the shortest possible combination of months in a calendar year. One full day of work is defined as having worked the minimum number of hours considered a standard day by the particular industry in which the applicant is employed. Generally, the Australian working week is 35 to 40 hours, comprising 7 to 8 hours of work each day. Individual employers cannot set a smaller period of time than the industry standard to satisfy the specified work requirement."

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Hi

I know I am super late to this but did you ever get a definite answer?

I am working on a farm fruit picking at the moment and we can only work as many hours as there is fruit to pick so some days we only work a few hours. The guys at the farm said this still counts as a day?

Any response would be greatly appreciated ?