citizenship application

Hello just wanting some information about applying for citizenship. Not for myself for my partner. He's been in Australia for 30 plus years on pr visa yes i know why now who knows. Always lived by the motto English till he dies but has suddenly decided he'd like to apply and like most men ( sorry to those men who are more self reliant ) He'd like to apply. Can anyone lead us in the right direction. How easy is it? Cost etc? Lazy Git wants me to do all the work Lol Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this. Any and all info would be helpful. As an aside note he's lived in Australia for most of the last 30 plus years apart from two years in the early 90's for two years back in the Uk thought we'd try it out but failed. 

I have moved your post to where it will get a better response.

It is fairly straight forward, I think the form took me less than 30 minutes and that was on a sunday after a few glasses of vino.

He should have no problems in qualifying given how long he has been in the country.

However, because they are proposing to change the criteria, which wont affect him directly, it does mean there are long delays at the moment in processing.

You can fill the form in on line and pay the fee. I cant remember how much it is, but think a few hundred. Someone will know. Then he waits to be called for a citizenship test. He can do mock tests on the department web site to prepare. There is likely to take a fair few months to get to this!

Once he has passed the test, he then waits for his council to contact him to attend the ceremony. This can take anywhere from 2 to 8 months depending on the council.