How long for visa invite?

KangaKit

I know the answer is probably 'same as a piece of string' but wondered if anyone had an idea how long midwives with 60 points are taking to be invited (about to submit EOI), I know someone was doing predictions but can't find it anywhere here.

:biggrin:

Hi @KangaKit the current cut-off for non pro-rata occupations (which I think midwife is) on 60 points is 21st June 2016. The last time a 60 pointer was invited was on the invitation round on that day. The two invitation rounds in July only took 70+ pointers, and after the 26th July round these had been invited up until DOE of 15th July. There's a chance that todays invitation round cleared all 70+ to date and so some 65/60 pointers could start getting invites in the next round or two.

Having said that you never know what the split of invitations will be between pro-rata and non pro-rata occupations, or whether they might decide to raise the bar. Its best to just apply asap and prepare for a bit of a wait - then if something comes sooner its a bonus! Is there anything you could do to boost your points - have you got the full 20 for English for example? Good luck :)

I read an article dearing the week that indicated  the 65 pointers will need to wait another 3 months and the 60 pointers will need to wait till after july 2018. These are based on that the invitation rounds will stay on 1000 invites per round and in respective pro rata and non pro rata occupations. This just an opinion of 1 person

• 1 month later...

Archived