Employment change during 189 Application ?

domn

Hi Everyone

I am at the start of my visa application for Australia.

I would like to know how your current employment status outside Australia will affect your VISA application  ?

In other words, I will be employed when I lodge my EOI but possibly be unemployed if being asked to submit VISA application.

My work contract expires in December and there is a possibility that it won't be extended. The earliest I can write my IELTS is in Nov, then submit EOI if the results are good enough. 

For 189 visa, I will have 65 points if I score 7 for IELTS. For 489 visa, I will score 75 points with 7+ for IELTS. I have relatives living in WA that will sponsor. 

The only reason why I am considering submitting 189 instead of 489 is due to being permanent at the start instead of the latter which is 4 years valid. 

My points breakdown:

Qualification : 15   (My engineering degree in agreement with Washington accord, do I still need to have it assessed by Engineers Australia ?)

Overseas Work Experience : 10   (6+ years working experience, I have company letters stating job title; employment period etc.)

English Language Ability : 10    ( Still have to obtain)

Relative Sponsor : 10   (if submitting 489 VISA)

I have no partner or any dependents.

Any advice would really help :)