Service dog on flight

peonyrose1900

I've split this out as it really is better to post and ask your own questions in a new thread, especially if they are not related to the OP post. 

You need to check the airline policy and discuss with a pet shipper I would expect to find out the ins and outs for service dogs. It could be they have to be crated. AFAIK you'll still need to get all the usual tests and paperwork as you would any other dog being shipped. Your best bet is to contact a decent pet shipper for the ins and outs and check with the airlines they recommend or use for pet shipping. 

I do recall a lady a few years ago with a service dog and am pretty sure it was crated but can't recall if it had to serve out its quarantine time in her own home or at the quarantine centre. 

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, peonyrose1900 said:

And does anyone know if I have service dogs can I take them aboard them place with me? Or do they have to go in a separate cargo emoji26.png

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

I believe they can travel in the cabin with you. However, have a read through this link http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs/assistance-dogs#on-arrival-in-australia