Warnbro

Guest Kamel

We rented in Warnbro for 6 months before we bought here in Port Kennedy (next suburb down) we lived on the beach side just off Safety Bay Road. We were a 10 minute walk to the beach, you have the Aqua Jetty (swim & fitness centre) plus the YMCA facility & rec ground, you have a small shopping centre with Coles & Woolies, a couple of Primary Schools (depending on which side of WArnbro Sound Ave which one any kids would go to) You have the High School, which my daughter started inFeb this year - a lot of people seem to slag it off but they usually don`t have kids there and it tends to be hearsay (I`ve heard the same said about Safety Bay & Rockingham High Schools - again by folk who usually don`t have kids there)- my daughter is happy there & we are happy with her progress, it was very overcrowded but that isn`t a problem now Comet Bay has opened & a lot of kids have gone there. We liked living there and would have bought there had we been able to find the right house for us. You have the train station which means it`s about 35 min train journey to the CBD and you are about 45 mins to CBD by car or 30 mins to Mandurah (train also goes to Mandurah). There are some parts that have a rep (like most places these days) but I like it, it`s an older suburb and you can go from a million dollar beach house to "normal" houses all in the same street.

Guest Kamel

Hi

Thank you for this information, it is really good. We have applied for our visa and I have seen a job advertised at the high school. I am a PE teacher so any infor about the school is good. Can you give me any information on the education system and how you have found it differs to the UK.

Thank you for your help

Kate

Hi

Thank you for this information, it is really good. We have applied for our visa and I have seen a job advertised at the high school. I am a PE teacher so any infor about the school is good. Can you give me any information on the education system and how you have found it differs to the UK.

Thank you for your help

Kate

My friend is a teacher, she is currently working as a subsitute in various schools around Perth, she had a bit of hassle with registration - WA also known as wait awhile, but is all sorted now. I will give her a call & find out what is what if you like.

Archived