Aussie Jobs

lbooth

Hey All

So we're working on coming over next year on PR (my partner is a chemical engineer,loves his job and wants to keep working in the industry, we've done the research and the jobs do exist) but I'd quite like a change of job...I'm a project manager at present and have a mathematics/finance background but I'm really bored of the 9-5 trudge so thought I'd see if anyone on here had any weird and wonderful jobs (maybe those that wouldn't be an option in the UK??) to give me some ideas? Or if there are any job sites out there that cater for the more unique roles? Just looking for inspiration and maybe something I wouldn't have considered before. 

Figured it was worth a punt :)

Cheers

The first thing I would say is that be very careful in thinking there are plenty of chemical engineer jobs. As someone with a number of friends in that, who are struggling for work, I doubt it. 

For yourself, it depends a lot on what you like. What are your interests? What sort of lifestyle do you like? I have changed career and for me, I wanted a more outdoor life, so became a geologist. 

• 3 weeks later...