favourite programe of the year about to start

bunbury61

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 07:42, Sunset said:

Thanks for the memory jog guys, Bob used to ride out from our school we used to do smethwick to warwick and back most saturdays in the summer coming back was/is harder as it's all up hill albeit a slow incline.

Bob Mansell had a shop at 504 Oldbury Road, Smethwick. He also had a shop in the main street Smethwick for a while, but mostly selling children’s bikes and toys. Bob was a top coach, and he promoted races around the parks and schools in the Birmingham area. He also took groups of school children on cycle racing camps near Stourport.  Lots of the region’s top riders were helped along by Bob at sometime or other. I remember riding up from Ross on Wye and riding criteriums around Hadley Stadium, with Grant Thomas plus several other well known riders.

https://majornichols.co.uk/the-riders-room/

I used to have a carlton criterium cycle dark blue skinny tubes and a saddle my arse never thanked me for.

bloody hell , these are all my work areas .

I have been in Stourbridge this morning ?

1 minute ago, bunbury61 said:

bloody hell , these are all my work areas .

I have been in Stourbridge this morning ?

Grew up in oldbury mate worked most of my life in west brom and great bridge did a stint at land rover and jaguar went back to old place though better the devil and all that, small world ha ha

1 minute ago, Sunset said:

Grew up in oldbury mate worked most of my life in west brom and great bridge did a stint at land rover and jaguar went back to old place though better the devil and all that, small world ha ha

I use the petrol station at great bridge ....?

not far from burnt tree isiand ,which has now gone

oh and hagley ,and cradley heath and telford tomorrow ?

Used to go to the speedway in cradley many moons ago, drove through hagley on my way to bewdley fishing most weekends lol

Just now, Sunset said:

Used to go to the speedway in cradley many moons ago, drove through hagley on my way to bewdley fishing most weekends lol

hagley ,bewdley and stourport still lovely ....i was in stourport working last week .

places like hartlebury haven't changed

some lovely spots on the edge of the black country ,and the people are always down to earth

I shall make sure I go is bridgnorth on the way to telford tomorrow

I use the petrol station at great bridge ....?

not far from burnt tree isiand ,which has now gone

Gone bloody hell that was a big island - petrol at asda or the shitty one on great bridge st?

2 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

hagley ,bewdley and stourport still lovely ....i was in stourport working last week .

places like hartlebury haven't changed

some lovely spots on the edge of the black country ,and the people are always down to earth

I shall make sure I go is bridgnorth on the way to telford tomorrow

used to fish at mustow green small farm fishery lol

Just now, bunbury61 said:

if you turn right off ,what I call the Wolverhampton rd ( Dudley zoo ,up to the right ) .

its a brand new garage ,loads of car parking about 500"yds down on the right ...i will put up a picture when iam over that way

Dudley zoo on your left as you turn ( not right ) sorry

18 hours ago, kungfustu said:

I can remember him coming from nowhere in one race during the 87 TDF.....he was dead on his feet and made a miraculous recovery to close the gap on his rival.

What was it he used to say......"in our house.....its the potatoes we eat"

I didn't realise potatoes was a pseudonym for EPO B|