The Americanisation of Britain.

Watching the news and the rioting over the death of a black guy by the police reminded me of Ferguson in the US and how the locals responded, is this purely down to the injustice of police actions (trial will determine)...or is it just another excuse for rioting and the release of pent up anger against a system as they might see it?

Don't really see this type of reaction here in Oz, yet we are just as multicultural?

7 hours ago, Sunset said:

Watching the news and the rioting over the death of a black guy by the police reminded me of Ferguson in the US and how the locals responded, is this purely down to the injustice of police actions (trial will determine)...or is it just another excuse for rioting and the release of pent up anger against a system as they might see it?

Don't really see this type of reaction here in Oz, yet we are just as multicultural?

I see your point sunset , but the situation.sunset is that America has never really dealt with its slave trade history .

I only know this from watchng many documentaries on the subject .

it always sits just below the surface .

we generally don't have a white v black issue in the u.k anymore

The influx of migrants into the u.k was by a less hostile route .

The stress on the streets is not generally between black and white ,but between black youth and the police ,and that's what sparked the trouble ,as it did a few years ago .

Australia has a different ethnic mix to the u.k anyway ,but that's a different story

• Like 2