General Dilemmas.

Guest Mike4Mandy

Guest Mike4Mandy

Hi everyone,we are thinking of moving out to perth but the house prices look high.could anyone suggest somewhere else,ideal for 3 little monsters .we looked on realestate.com and find the prices a bit up and down,hard to know what is a good price when you dont know the area.we would have 100,000 after selling the house and im a mason paviour by trade. :? :? thanks Mike.

Hi,

Just heard on the news two days ago that Perth is now the second most expensive city to live in, after Sydney, and house prices are catching up fast. SA and QLD are now the cheapest.

There are beautiful places in all states, it would be hard to choose. The general rule is that the higher the price of the home, the better the suburb.

Koala

Guest Mike4Mandy

Thanks Koala,my wife does have a cousin on the gold coast and we did see some affordable houses in QLD but im not sure we could cope in the heat.Is that something you can get use to?we have 3 very young childern and i work out side,so its something we have to think about.on the job front,are there more jobs to be had in that area?i work in highways,laying kerbs,slabs and tar etc. thanks Mike. :D

Hi Mike

We were looking to go to Brisbane but seriously considering the option of Tasmania now with cheaper housing, slightly cooler temperatures and tradesmen in demand I know some people say it maybe a bit quieter than mainland but we don't think thats such a bad thing. We are taking two of our sons 11,13. . . . 17 year old not sure if he is moving yet.

We have not decided for definate but definately going to give it further consideration.

Best wishes

Kaye :)

Guest Mike4Mandy

Thanks Kaye,will look at Tas.Victoria and SA had cheaper housing,i do like the look of Perth but the house prices are on a par with this country, gone mad!Best of luck with everything,ythanks Mike. :D

Guest ohippychick

Please don't let house prices dictate where you live. It's hard enough to make the move as it is without being in a place you hate but have a cheap house !

My experience is go where the work is and the good schools are then the kids will be ok and the money will be coming in all of which are deal breakers !! After that it's where you'll be happy as a family.

We came out with about £100k, spent most of it setting ourselves up and have put a minimum deposit on a house with the same mortgage as we had in the UK, definitely not something we wanted to do or have. But, hubby earns the same here as the UK and we're out all the time as there's so much to do that's free, we don't pay for parking, the public bbqs are cheap and clean as are the beaches and, in a few years time, the mortgage will be peanuts. We hope !! :D

Archived