The big move

samwise

Good day to all,

I was wondering if it is better to ship my personal belongings (including couple of small furniture pieces, audio- video electronics, kitchen appliances, washing machine, etc) to Australia from UAE, or is it better to sell most of the stuff here before I move and buy new stuff in Oz.

I have heard some ppl say that it's better to take the stuff along as things are more expensive in Australia, and that if you don't need them, then one can sell them at a better price there! Any comments or advise based on that?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Personally, if you have the space in the container then ship them. Rentals in Australia do not include white goods and they can be pretty pricey especially if you want something good. Also it would depend on how much you spent on them originally and how much life you think is left in them.

Is UAE 240V? If so, they just swap the plug, if not then possibly reconsider as you need a transformer.

• Like 1

Personally, if you have the space in the container then ship them. Rentals in Australia do not include white goods and they can be pretty pricey especially if you want something good. Also it would depend on how much you spent on them originally and how much life you think is left in them.
Is UAE 240V? If so, they just swap the plug, if not then possibly reconsider as you need a transformer.

Thanks for the info! Yes UAE is 240V

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app