anyone want to meet in sydney?

Guest yvetteb1

Guest yvetteb1

hi we have been here about 2 weeks now and our feet have not touched the ground! but we are thinking we need to meet some people now.

who is in sydney now or in the next few weeks? we live quite close to city so could meet at any time more or less. there are lots of good bars and we have done our best so far to check a fair few out, but if u know of anywhere good to meet, let me know.

we don't have access to internet yet, so will do my best to come into internet cafe to check for replies.

yvette and simon (living in woolloomooloo!!!!!!!)

Guest mutikonka

Handy for Harry's Pie Cart!

I'm always up for a beer, and there are some nice places around the 'Loo and Paddington. The Old Fitzroy on Cathedral/Dowling St corner and the Green Park on Victoria Rd (up near St Vincents Hospital) are nice old fashioned pubs.

Guest rdyer_911

Hello - Sounds good. I've been out here for 5 weeks and keen to meet up with others for a drink. Gonna get the ball rolling with a time, date and venue and see who's up for a drink or 3!

How about Tuesday 8th July, 7.00pm onwards at The Green Park as suggested by mutikonka?

360 Victoria St, Darlinghurst near to St Vincents Hospital.

Rich

Hi Yvette and Simon, and everyone else.

Yvette and Simon, we spoke before you left, how did the move go?

Great that you're out there and getting on with it. We're flying on the 25th Aug hopefully, so maybe we can arrange another beer in the future.

We only get 2 weeks in a serviced apartment from my new firm, so we'll have to do some mega quick area searching for a place. We're torn between whether to live closer to town while we make friends and bed-in at work, maybe somewhere like Paddington, Woollahra... or whether we should go to Manly which I really like the look of.

Any suggestions?

Can any of you guys suggest things you wish you'd done better in preparation for the move?

Thanks in advance

Ben.

Guest Edinburgh to Sydney

Hi All

have been here 7 weeks and need to meet other people

count us in

can some one confirm the plaace and time, we are in manly but work in the CBD

Gemma & Robin

Guest yvetteb1

ok tues 8th july at the green park sounds good see you there - how will we know it's you lot?

we will be the pale ones looking jetlagged in the corner!!?? bye 4 now!!!

Guest yvetteb1
Hi Yvette and Simon, and everyone else.

Yvette and Simon, we spoke before you left, how did the move go?

Great that you're out there and getting on with it. We're flying on the 25th Aug hopefully, so maybe we can arrange another beer in the future.

We only get 2 weeks in a serviced apartment from my new firm, so we'll have to do some mega quick area searching for a place. We're torn between whether to live closer to town while we make friends and bed-in at work, maybe somewhere like Paddington, Woollahra... or whether we should go to Manly which I really like the look of.

Any suggestions?

get some references if u want to rent. if all else fails and u don't have any, i can fake u some, u can give me ur details and i am willing to say i have rented u be40r. renting has some serious comp over here. we live near city which is just v. handy for work, and we don't have to fight with the traffic, which can be a bugger. manly is lovely butalways looks ultra expensive. paddington may be cheaper, and loads of great bars and restaurants.

Guest yvetteb1

rent has lots of competition at the mo. proof u paid the mortgage should be ok, but just make sure u have all ur paperwork with u.xxx

Guest sammy11

I found it useful to bring the following;

proof of mortgage payments made in the UK

last mortgage statement

last few utilities bills

uk bank statements

reference from current/past employer

there is a shortage of property to rent in sydney, atleast having the above information prevents you from being disadvantaged through not having reference documents

Guest Watersports

Can't refuse a few drinks with some fellow poms - see you on Tuesday at The Green Room in Darlo.

Guest rdyer_911

Looking forwards to it, should be a good night.

Don't want to sound like a girl (sorry!) but just so that we can all spot each other, I'll be down there at 7 and will be wearing a red & grey stripey hoodie - so should be easy to spot!

Happy to send anyone my mobile number in a personal message if you'd like.

Rich

Archived