PMV Visa applying In London, Minimum requirements

Hi

my partner and i finally saved up the money for a PMV, im applying in London and we have been together for over 2 1/2 years now and visited each other loads, got plenty evidence to put in at later time

As we had a new budget and not sure if any changes affect us or for most of the visa, i hope its not gone up! 

I would like to ask what is the minimum my fiance has to send me so we can apply for this visa? she is divorced so we got the marriage cert and divorce cert

we want to get it in before July and just incase anything changes and with the current xenophobic attitudes towards immigration

also do you take your medical AFTER the visa has been applied? i have all my police checks done and ready with my paperwork

many thanks x

15 minutes ago, snifter said:

Do the medical and police check after lodging. Not before.

Have you read the partner visa migration booklet where it covers the PMV? What you are asking is in there iirc. 

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

Do you have proof you have met? 

Hi yes

we have plenty of proof, i have been over 6 times and she has visited me in UK once

15 minutes ago, snifter said:

If you have any doubts as to your evidence, I would consider using an Agent as it's an awful lot of money to spend if you have doubts.  The information on the website is very thorough and there is a partner/PMV thread on this site which is useful reading to learn about the experience of others, but your application is unique to you and will be judged on its own merits and evidence.

we have no doubts and have 2.5 years of evidence, just want to make sure we are going the correct visa and route and with July 1st coming up we wanted to get application in b4 then, thus asking for this information rather than go thru it all again and just get as lost and confused as before....

if anyone is kind enough  to give us official advice its very welcomed :) thanks

Edited by Insel Rowie Affe

The requirements for the PMV are far less than for a partner visa. If you have met, can prove this, I don't see why you you need to be worrying too much. If you have evidence like holiday bookings to each other's countries and write supporting this etc. 

The booklet lists what is expected, work from that and it should be fine :) 

5 minutes ago, Insel Rowie Affe said:

yes another example, i thought checks were need before u applied etc

i tried to phone for medical but they asked for a ref number

You need to lodge before you get a medical ID number. The panel doctor will require it as the medical is submitted online and will need to be attached to your case. 

1 minute ago, Insel Rowie Affe said:

what is the most cost effective route too? PMV or defacto?

Will you meet the requirements for de facto? If not, it's not cost effective. 

We just had our PMV approved and like you we were long distance (no bills or rent in common). We tried and cover all fields required to prove the relationship is genuine (finances, social, mutual support etc)

As evidence of a genuine and continuous relationship we included a selection of screenshots of our conversations (emails, instant messenger etc) showing constant communication and discussions of our future together; scans of plane tickets, hotel bookings, theatre tickets etc to documents all the times we met; and photos together (you won't need hundreds of them, but you have to prove you have actually met in person, and they do ask for them)

As evidence of being socially accepted as a couple we had pictures with friends and family (plus the statements from friends obviously), and Facebook posts which made it clear we are in a relationship. If you have any evidence of social events you've attended together as a couple (wedding invites etc), include them as well.

As evidence of financial support we had bank statements showing money transfers; we have a joint account too. This is where you include life insurance etc as well, if you have that.

As evidence of emotional support we had pictures of parcels, gifts and postcards sent to each other, plus screencaps of conversations/emails.

You have to show you intend to marry, not just date, so get in touch with a celebrant and include the evidence in your application (NOIM and email correspondance with the celebrant). A lot of celebrants are experienced with PMVs so they will know exactly what to do. Also include any discussions of wedding venue/rings/dress etc you will have had with your fiancé. 

Your statement is important as it should not only give a history of your relationship, but also address questions they might legitimately have, such as why you haven't been able to live together.  Remember they don't know you at all, so take the time to explain your relationship and how it works - even the mundane aspects (how do you split chores and costs when you are together etc).

We did the medical & police checks when the CO requested it. 

I'm not sure form 80 is mandatory now, but we were asked to send it. So get a headstart and start filling it as it requires a lot of information (travel history for the past 10 years, details about you and your fiancé 's immediate family - such as dates of birth/wedding/death of parents and siblings etc) that you might not immediatly have at hand.

As for your fiancé she will have to send the usual ID documents (birth certificate, copy of passport, marriage/divorce certificate, scan of a passport picture), plus a police clearance (when requested), her own personal statement, and evidence of employment/assets as sponsors have to prove they can support you once you move. I'm not sure what to do if she's on pension, if I were you I would book a consultation with a registered agent; it's worth paying the extra bucks considering how expensive the application is.

It seems a lot, and it takes time to gather and organise all the evidence. Just tick those boxes one by one and you'll get there. Remember you can only upload a maximum of 60 documents (5MB size limit), so try and have all evidence of social life  (for instance) pasted onto one single pdf file to save some slots. Same with financial evidence etc.

I tried to think of everything but if you have questions just let me know!

Edited by TheWayOfThePony
Wrong phrasing
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

We just had our PMV approved and like you we were long distance (no bills or rent in common). We tried and cover all fields required to prove the relationship is genuine (finances, social, mutual support etc)

As evidence of a genuine and continuous relationship we included a selection of screenshots of our conversations (emails, instant messenger etc) showing constant communication and discussions of our future together; scans of plane tickets, hotel bookings, theatre tickets etc to documents all the times we met; and photos together (you won't need hundreds of them, but you have to prove you have actually met in person, and they do ask for them)

As evidence of being socially accepted as a couple we had pictures with friends and family (plus the statements from friends obviously), and Facebook posts which made it clear we are in a relationship. If you have any evidence of social events you've attended together as a couple (wedding invites etc), include them as well.

As evidence of financial support we had bank statements showing money transfers; we have a joint account too. This is where you include life insurance etc as well, if you have that.

As evidence of emotional support we had pictures of parcels, gifts and postcards sent to each other, plus screencaps of conversations/emails.

You have to show you intend to marry, not just date, so get in touch with a celebrant and include the evidence in your application (NOIM and email correspondance with the celebrant). A lot of celebrants are experienced with PMVs so they will know exactly what to do. Also include any discussions of wedding venue/rings/dress etc you will have had with your fiancé. 

Your statement is important as it should not only give a history of your relationship, but also address questions they might legitimately have, such as why you haven't been able to live together.  Remember they don't know you at all, so take the time to explain your relationship and how it works - even the mundane aspects (how do you split chores and costs when you are together etc).

We did the medical & police checks when the CO requested it. 

I'm not sure form 80 is mandatory now, but we were asked to send it. So get a headstart and start filling it as it requires a lot of information (travel history for the past 10 years, details about you and your fiancé 's immediate family - such as dates of birth/wedding/death of parents and siblings etc) that you might not immediatly have at hand.

As for your fiancé she will have to send the usual ID documents (birth certificate, copy of passport, marriage/divorce certificate, scan of a passport picture), plus a police clearance (when requested), her own personal statement, and evidence of employment/assets as sponsors have to prove they can support you once you move. I'm not sure what to do if she's on pension, if I were you I would book a consultation with a registered agent; it's worth paying the extra bucks considering how expensive the application is.

It seems a lot, and it takes time to gather and organise all the evidence. Just tick those boxes one by one and you'll get there. Remember you can only upload a maximum of 60 documents (5MB size limit), so try and have all evidence of social life  (for instance) pasted onto one single pdf file to save some slots. Same with financial evidence etc.

I tried to think of everything but if you have questions just let me know!

thank you for a wonderfully helpful reply :)

We have plenty of evidence but conditions with Centrelink with my partner, we have to be careful, i am paying her rent and money for our new place we just moved her into but she is scared of the system screwing her over, which it has done a few times now, being disabled in Oz must really suck...

my G/F has a friend who has done the migration for others from Lebanon so i will get her to ask the questions that are needed

with July approaching fast we want to get this in ASAP but making sure we get it right, hence the questions, and I'm sorry if some others here don't feel we have researched long and hard enough, believe me, we have!!! such a confusing and ridiculous process to be with a loved one. I expect the UK will be following suit as it devolves. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Insel Rowie Affe said:

thank you for a wonderfully helpful reply :)

We have plenty of evidence but conditions with Centrelink with my partner, we have to be careful, i am paying her rent and money for our new place we just moved her into but she is scared of the system screwing her over, which it has done a few times now, being disabled in Oz must really suck...

my G/F has a friend who has done the migration for others from Lebanon so i will get her to ask the questions that are needed

with July approaching fast we want to get this in ASAP but making sure we get it right, hence the questions, and I'm sorry if some others here don't feel we have researched long and hard enough, believe me, we have!!! such a confusing and ridiculous process to be with a loved one. I expect the UK will be following suit as it devolves. 

No worries at all :) I  spent months researching before actually applying, so I totally get the confusion, I've been there! Requirements for any visa seem to change quite often, so what was enough 5 years ago might not be now (for instance the sponsor in a partner visa has to provide a police clearance as well now; oh, and it's an Australian Federal Police Check, not a National Police Check).

I think being disabled is hard everywhere  sadly (see regular cuts here in the UK). It's wonderful she can rely on you though, and in the context of applying for a PMV this obviously counts as emotional/financial support. Again I don't know how this situation can affect an application, but it's good you know someone who can give you proper advice. Best of luck to ya both! :) you'll get there but yes - probably a good idea to submit as soon as you can. Immigration laws are changing fast and everywhere (yup I can see the UK following suit as well).

• Like 1