Child immunizations and family tax benefit - how long?

Alycat

Hi all,

i understand children need to have their immunisations up to date to get family tax benefit and I was wondering if you can still get it if your children are in the process of getting them updated?

my child needs hepatitis shot in 3 doses, first one, 1 month then 6 months. Does this mean I have to wait 6 months ( when all the shots are completed) before I can get family tax benefit or the fact the ball is rolling to get them up to date is ok?

Just wondering as most ppl coming into Oz from U.K. Are in a similar position as hep B vaccine isn't routinely given to children.

hope someone can advise!

IIRC we did. As soon as we had the first one done, we submitted and got the doctor to submit their end and it was logged in the system and we were able to claim. If you don't get the follow up 2 shots they do remind you and your payments will cease.

• 2 weeks later...

We did, but Centrelink kept sending us out letters telling us it would stop. I would ring them and explain the uk immunisation schedule and how we were catching up, they then would ask for a letter from the doctor backing this up, which we would provide. They then claimed everything was good and we would hang up friends.

A month later a letter would come claiming he wasn't up to date with immunisations and ........

A month later........

Im not sure any of them could or would read notes from previous phone calls.