Help I need advice and hopefully someone has been in a similar or same boat. 

I am a time served (UK recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship with the UK MoD) engineer with nearly 17 years working for the U.K. MoD on systems undertaking strip / build / test maintenance tasks in accordance with maintenance manuals and processing check sheets. I also have lower level qualifications in this field but not to degree level (i.e. HNC and NC and SVQ Level 2 and 3 in Mechanical Engineering). Through this time I have also been responsible for ensure safe systems of work are adhered to and then followed for the last 11 years through line management ( supervisor) and now senior management as a site (300 personnel) safety manager. 

My dilema is would I receive a positive skills assessment from Engineers Australia in either Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Management given that I don't have a degree? Or should I be concentrating on the safety side of things?

i know it is hard to say either an assessment would be successful or not as every one is different however there must be someone who has been in a similar circumstance??

i don't want to go to the expense of 1 or 2 skills assessments for both to be unsuccessful!!

Thanks in advance!!

Hi
I'm going through same process as you at the moment. I have up to a HNC in mechanical engineering as well as an apprenticeship. I'm applying as a fitter general. I'm being assessed by TRA through the down under centre. Im not sure about the engineers Australia part.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

What sort of information did you have to supply? If you don't mind me asking too, how much is the assessment and have the down under centre advised you on how to complete with a view to ensuring that the assessment is successful?

I think it will be around £1600 by the time I have finished, unless I need to do a practical assessment as well, which will be a further £750 ish. Most of the cost if for the actual skills assessment and not DUC fees. The documents were all certificates, references, proof of experience like bank statements and wage slips. Copy of passport and 2 x photos. I think that is it.
It's worth giving down under centre a call, they are really helpful.