Contributory Parent 143 When are payments due

Dawno

Hi everyone, can anyone advise me of when payments are made for my husband and I and our daughters sponsor payment for us to apply for a 143 visa.  Also it says we have to be out of the country when we apply, while we are waiting for it to go through how can we visit our daughter and grandchild please.

the CPV processing time is currently running at about 2 years and 6 months.  So, if you apply now it will be at least 2 years before you have to pay the 2nd VAC and the ASOB

In the meantime you can visit OZ on a normal tourist visa which is free and can be applied for online

57 minutes ago, Dawno said:

Hi everyone, can anyone advise me of when payments are made for my husband and I and our daughters sponsor payment for us to apply for a 143 visa.  Also it says we have to be out of the country when we apply, while we are waiting for it to go through how can we visit our daughter and grandchild please.

Hi Dawn

Deposit when you apply. AoS is nearer down the line and so is your final VAC payment also. Currently would be approx 2.3yrs for these payments. Current processing time is 33-34mths.  You would have to go on a 600 tourist visa see link

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/visitor-visas-for-contributory-parent-visa-applicants/

Join in on the Brand new PIO parent visa thread for great advice ?

Thanks. We currently have e-visitor visa's that don't run out until Feb 2018. Can we apply for the CPV while these are still running and use them to go visit until then. And then just renew those when they run out to go visit until CPV comes through. Or is there one that would allow us to stay for say a year. Sorry this is all new to us.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi Dawn.   We have been in the CPV via queue for 22 months and have been travelling back and forth for several years now to see daughter and grandkids.   So, yes you can apply for the CPV and still have a live FOC eVisitor active.   This gives multiple visits up to 3 months at a time and is perfect for our needs (we are still working)   You just keep on renewing it.   If you are looking for longer stays than this up until you move permanently, I will allow someone else to provide best option for you!!

• Like 1

Could I just ask one more question please. When on an evisitor visa if you were to stay for the 3 months and then go out of the country for a holiday how long do you need to stay away for before coming back for another 3 months. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi.   I haven't actually done this myself but if you read the Grant Conditions on the email notification granting your Evisitor visa it says that you are allowed multiple entries with a maximum stay of 3 months for each arrival.  There is no specific mention of how much time you need to be out of the country, so my interpretation would be that you could for example have a weekend in New Zealand and come back again for another 3 months.  Sorry I cant be 100% sure of this but someone else can clarify.

Hi Dawno.

You can be in Australia or outside Australia when you apply for a subclass 143 visa.

If you don't have a subclass 173 visa you must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are each of you please?

Feel able to reply via a private message (click on my name to the left of this post) if you prefer.

Best regards.

On 16/05/2017 at 16:14, Dawno said:

Thanks. We currently have e-visitor visa's that don't run out until Feb 2018. Can we apply for the CPV while these are still running and use them to go visit until then. And then just renew those when they run out to go visit until CPV comes through. Or is there one that would allow us to stay for say a year. Sorry this is all new to us.

If you are going to apply for 143 do it sooner rather than later as many of us suspect a steep rise in fees!

current processing has now gone to 34mths 

On 16/05/2017 at 16:14, Dawno said:

Also,the visa for up to a year is the 600 visitor visa