Move cube - how do I know if my belongings will fit?

Fosh

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice re move cube. I've read alot about shippers ect and I have concerns about shared containers so trying to avoid them if I can which I doubt I will be able to. 

Has anyone had movecube out for a quote? Do they come and measure up items to understand if they will fit ect? I'm not taking everything but I have a huge sofa but it's a corner sofa that splits ect.

Is there anyway I can figure out if my belongings will fit into a large move cube? 

Going to do a full reconciliation of all items we are taking best I can this week.

Thanks

They don't come out to quote as you are thinking. It's a self pack system so you phone, book a cube in the size you want and they send someone out to check access etc for it to be left and that's it till the day they deliver it.

its on you to work out the size you want, to measure if things will fit and to pack it all. They don't do any of that. 

We bought packing boxes in 2 sizes. Tea chest size and book box size. All from the same company so as to ensure they all fit and stacked well. We then took the measurements of the cube and ensured we worked out how many boxes etc could fit. Measured furniture we were taking to ensure it would all fit. And it did. Then we booked a large cube. Packed it to the hilt. 

Some people tape out the cube size on the floor (don't forget height either) and pack it into the space before it arrives as a dummy run. We didn't do that but we did carefully work out measurements and ensured all the boxes would fit neatly so as to make the most of the space. Furniture had to be jogged round slightly on the day to get the best fit but it went in fine.

I am not confident you'll get a corner sofa into a large cube. Depends on its dimensions and if you can pack the rest around it.

@snifter, I'm looking into Movecube sizes to try to work out what I need.  I'm not taking much and I reckon if something won't fit, then I'll just leave it behind - not very scientific, I know!  But I'm having difficulty visualising everything.  I was thinking of a medium size, and it's all very well saying I'll leave behind anything that won't fit, but what about the opposite scenario?  What if I get a medium and then find it's too big?  How do you manage to fill the spaces?  

You need to measure your sofa in its sections and then check the dimensions of the MoveCube to see if it will fit. You can jig the sofa round when loading it but you need to ensure it will all fit to begin with. 

Get some tape and measure out the size move cube you are thinking of and then stick newspaper together as per the dimensions of the sofa to see if it can help in terms of sofa size. And don't forget the height also to factor in. Paper will only give you the floor space. 

You do need to be a bit more organised with it in terms of packing and what you want to take. You don't get days to pack it, usually only hours to get it all loaded before its picked up again. Work out what you want to take, pile it up and then once you have a better idea you can start ordering packing boxes etc to fit it all in to. 

We filled a large move cube to the brim pretty much. We had planned it carefully and did measure it all out. You can't just hope for the best and bung it all in on the day, thats inviting disaster. Take a bit of time, measure and get familiar with the dimensions you will be working with and what you want to take.