Immigration shake up, where do I stand?

Rich Wayman

Hello all,

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me or help me with some information that I need due to the abolishment of the 457 visa.

So, I'm on a first year working holiday visa (valid until 1st september 2017) and have been working ever since I got here, bar a month. 

I'm a qualified Arborist from England with nearly 5 years experience and am working in Adelaide. I was offered a sponsorship by my company but, a matter of days later, the 457 visa was abolished by the PM.

Now, I know I can apply for a second years visa as afyer checking the Australian government website, Tree felling is classed as rural work and with me being in South Auz it seems to help... I need to verify this though if there are any other arborists on here in my situation.

Also, I have heard of a Visa 190 which is valid in the northern territory and SA, am I able to apply for that or a skilled migrant visa.

Any help would be much appreciated, I don't want to go home for good yet :(

Thanks in  advanced.

Why won't the company sponsor you now? They can still offer you the 2 year 457 and then another 2 year TSS visa as your occupation is still on the STSOL 

Then you have  4 years to marry an Aussie, as that's all we have left now ins't it? (Jokes)