Rocky Mountaineer

ali

Started planning our holiday for next year and our silver wedding - We're going to start off in HK as this was the start of our honeymoon (same hotel if it's still going) and on to Canada.  Has anyone done the Rocky Mountaineer?  Is it worth the expense?  We'd be looking at the 6 day one from Vancouver - Calgary

Guest The Pom Queen

Sounds wonderful. I lived in Canada but can't help because I never ventured outside Toronto. Hong Kong was a place I appreciated more when I got home. Whilst there I didn't think I'd ever go back once I got home I longed to go back

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Sounds wonderful. I lived in Canada but can't help because I never ventured outside Toronto. Hong Kong was a place I appreciated more when I got home. Whilst there I didn't think I'd ever go back once I got home I longed to go back

We haven't been back to HK since our honeymoon (also went to Bangkok and Pattaya) .. Hubby wants to go back to NYC - so will probably finish there and spend some time in New Jersey visiting my friend.

Hi we were in Canada last year, had a great time.  After the Alaska cruise, we hired a car in Vancouver, drove up through the Rockies, stopped a few nights in .Jasper &  Baniff, then on to Calgary, where we stayed for 3N. Dropped off the hire car & flew to Quebec, stayed 5N then flew on to Toronto & Niagra Falls. We saw loads of wildlife including bears from the roadside.lovely memories,  The reason we chose to drive, we wanted to see more of Canada,we stopped when we wanted too.  it is expensive to do the rocky mountaineer, but if that is what you want to do, enjoy your travels.

7 hours ago, sueandave said:

Hi we were in Canada last year, had a great time.  After the Alaska cruise, we hired a car in Vancouver, drove up through the Rockies, stopped a few nights in .Jasper &  Baniff, then on to Calgary, where we stayed for 3N. Dropped off the hire car & flew to Quebec, stayed 5N then flew on to Toronto & Niagra Falls. We saw loads of wildlife including bears from the roadside.lovely memories,  The reason we chose to drive, we wanted to see more of Canada,we stopped when we wanted too.  it is expensive to do the rocky mountaineer, but if that is what you want to do, enjoy your travels.

I don't think hubby wants to be driving all day (he wouldn't trust me to - he's not a good passenger lol).  How was the journey driving - ? easy drive?

• Like 1

Hi it was a very easy drive, saw a lot of Canada,  walked a round lakes, saw bears, that was fantastic for us. Enjoyed different chairlifts for the views.  We did so much.  It comes down to how much time you have to explore, we stayed over 4 times between Vancouver & Calgary. Loved thevRockies.  When we travel, we love doing our own thing and take it steady.

• Like 1