Newbies & Oldies Friends in Melbourne?!

Hi All,

We are a Scottish/Aussie couple (we're in our late 30's - mid 40's), living in Bayside (Beaumaris).  Been here for a couple of years, have made a few friends but keen to make some more.  So if you are new or old to Melbourne and in the same boat let us know and we'll organise a meet up.

Anyone that is a newbie or almost due to arrive in Melbourne we would be more than happy to pass on any info we've accumulated over our 2 yrs to help you with settling in and of course catch up so you have at least a friendly face or two over here!

Cheers

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1 June 2017 at 05:56, TheWayOfThePony said:

I'm planning to move there this Autumn and would happily meet with other fellow migrants when I get there :)

I'm assuming your autumn not ours since it's almost over this side ;)   Let us know when you have arrived and we can catch up for a drink!

• Like 1

On Fri Jun 02 2017 at 13:43, leftyandstumpy said:

I'm assuming your autumn not ours since it's almost over this side ;)   Let us know when you have arrived and we can catch up for a drink!

? ?

(Hehe, yes I'm still in a European timezone/mindset! that's a point - better pack the suitcase knowing it will be winter when I land and not summer!)

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all, 

I arrived in Melbourne just over two weeks ago, currently in Brunswick but just secured a unit in North Melbourne, in the same boat of wanting any information people are willing to share and meet some new people,  I am in my mid too 'Cough' late 30's and moved here on my own which made the move both simple and challenging it different ways. 

let me know if you get a meet organised.

Dave 

• Like 2

On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 15:29, leftyandstumpy said:

Hi All,

We are a Scottish/Aussie couple (we're in our late 30's - mid 40's), living in Bayside (Beaumaris).  Been here for a couple of years, have made a few friends but keen to make some more.  So if you are new or old to Melbourne and in the same boat let us know and we'll organise a meet up.

Anyone that is a newbie or almost due to arrive in Melbourne we would be more than happy to pass on any info we've accumulated over our 2 yrs to help you with settling in and of course catch up so you have at least a friendly face or two over here!

Cheers

Hi!

We are a also a Scottish/Australian couple in mid 30's - mid 40's.

We have been in Melbourne (South Yarra) for 4 months now.

I just saw your post and wondering if you got others interested in perhaps meeting up?

Would be great to get people together to discuss the various trails and tribulations of moving/expat life.

And maybe force down a few shandies at the same time :)

On 27 June 2017 at 16:54, Dexi80 said:

Hi!

We are a also a Scottish/Australian couple in mid 30's - mid 40's.

We have been in Melbourne (South Yarra) for 4 months now.

I just saw your post and wondering if you got others interested in perhaps meeting up?

Would be great to get people together to discuss the various trails and tribulations of moving/expat life.

And maybe force down a few shandies at the same time :)

Hi!

We've not got a group of lovely expats together as yet.  We figure meet up with anyone new/old to Melbourne and add to the group as people arrive or spot our topic on the forum!

We've made friends since arriving ourselves but it's always nice to make a few more :) 

We've nothing set in stone Saturday so if you would be up for a few drinks let us know!  Otherwise lets try meet up one weekend soon.