work in brisbane

onecrankypom

I recently arrived in Brisbane from the mother land a few weeks ago to be with my finace who I'm marrying in January next year. I never had so much hassle trying to find work with my finance background. Doing my homework before moving over here i was aware Melbourne and Sydney where the places to be for the Finance industry but took this on board saying I dont expect that im not going to be working in that sector when I moved to Brisbane but it seems recuitment agencies over here dont listern and worry im going to get bored in roles i applied for and had several advise to move southwards ( dont they not think moving to the otherside of the world is enough) i know my finace understands my frustation of not working but i do think im getting fobbed off alot. It like oh your on a tempoary residient but im getting married so why would i not get perament residency or the one i hate the most we think you get bored doing that job. I just glad my fiance and her folks are so understanding. You all think im so cranky but im loving it here in Brisbane just miss working and the people contact coming from a busy office in London

Archived