urgent question regarding nomination linked to visa

dazgib

hi, 

is there any possibility that immigration could transfer or re-activate a withdrawn 186 nomination application that links to my visa application.....as i have applied for a 186 visa but the nomation was advised to be withdrawn as the employer needed to get sponsorship approval again as they changed ABN's. 

they employer has since got this approval...but do we have to start again and lodge new a new nomination and visa and lose my fee...even though all the info/details on the nomination are still the exact same??

thanks

The Nominating Employer would need to contact DIBP and request this.   Sometimes they do re-activate, sometimes they don't.   But you as the employee cannot request it - only the employer.   At least that is how it used to be a couple of years ago.... not sure if this has changed at all.   Do you have a Registered Migration Agent acting for you, or does the employer?   Perhaps they would be able to find out.

i have asked my employer to contact DIBP and request it. hopefully they will. none of the information on it would need to be adjusted as it is still all correct, just that the employer needed to get business sponsorship approval before the nomination as they changed ABN :(

We used an RMA for the 457 but that was 4 years ago., we assumed this would be straight forward as it was the transitional 186.

We used an RMA for the 457 but that was 4 years ago., we assumed this would be straight forward as it was the transitional 186

You are not the first to think the minefiled is straightforward.

You might be well advised to go back to your RMA to see whether s/he can sort if for you.