Am I right to complain about MA

elizawho77

Hi,

please can anyone offer some advice on what my next steps would be.

I was offered a job with rsms visa 187 in may 2016.

Company suggest use of MA they use which I thought for ease I'd go with.

MA didn't get in touch for around 4 weeks after even though I emailed them to introduce myself.

In July 2016 they asked for all our details and evidence. We signed contract with them and paid their fees. They wanted a decision ready application so we had police checks and medicals done ( we did question this as know they have expiry date)

Their contract states they will apply for visa within 7 days of us paying them their fees and visa fees and all documents they requested.

we had medicals on 20th August... and all identification documents and stat decs were given at this time. I asked if there was anything else we could do... got ingnored.

on the 10th October 2016 she told me she was ready to submit the visa application!!! 

Over Christmas I had an email to say that it was likely we would get a case officer assigned in March 2017. Since then she emailed and said that dibp are working slow and it will be likely to be June 2017....

i asked what will happen if the medicals run out and she said we just had to do them again.... there 3 adults and 3 kids as son has since turned 18 so that's over £1500! 

Ive not had any other details sent regarding visa application so I emailed her to ask for acknowledgement of receipt to I could make immi account.... I've been ignored.

I trawled all through the paperwork and found a number which enabled me to log on. The visa was submitted.... NOV 24th!

according to the immigration website this visa is taking 10-11months now. 

Sorry for long post and hope you can make sense of it,

Elizabeth

Maybe go to there office and talk to them direct. Might be a bit of a trek but it's so easy to fob somebody off by email rather than going down there and confronting them with what there contract says and the emails they've sent. 

If they have a MARA number then you can take it up with MARA and escalate it that way.

If they are not registered then there's not much you can do, other than to chalk it down to experience. You could visit their office, but what happens then is outwith the remit of this forum!

Regards,

Richard

MARN 9905168

Hi thank you both

yes they are registered Mara agents.

as I'm based in the U.K. As they are in Melbourne I unfortunately can't go to their office so everything is done via email.

ive questioned them a few times about their lack of communication and they are always quick to say they are busy and can't be expected to reply to every email. I do understand that but would expect that if I sent them emails with documents attached that they asked they would confirm receipt at the very minimum!

i do wonder if part of it is the Australian way and something we will get used to or is it that they haven't delivered the service we have paid for professionally and in the timely manner they agreed? 

Hmmm yeh it is hard to pop over to Melbourne to have a word.

I would also take it up with MARA.

Maybe if you tell them your thinking of doing this then they may buck up there ideas as I'm sure that is not what they want??

Hi Elizabeth.

I can see the frustration in your post.

However, what would you like the agent to do at this stage in the application?

If it is any consolation, one of the main annoyances we practitioners face is an almost complete lack of communication from the Department of Immigration when applications appear to go into a state of limbo.   Enquiries by agents on behalf of clients are almost always met with silence, and the Department appears to think that publishing a web page advising that 75% of applications are processed in x months somehow meets their obligation to keep stakeholders informed.

Keep faith!

Best regards.

5 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Hi Elizabeth.

I can see the frustration in your post.

However, what would you like the agent to do at this stage in the application?

If it is any consolation, one of the main annoyances we practitioners face is an almost complete lack of communication from the Department of Immigration when applications appear to go into a state of limbo.   Enquiries by agents on behalf of clients are almost always met with silence, and the Department appears to think that publishing a web page advising that 75% of applications are processed in x months somehow meets their obligation to keep stakeholders informed.

Keep faith!

Best regards.

Hi Alan thank you for your reply.

I completely understand that the lack of communication from them is frustrating and I know the time is completely out of her hands. I am waiting for them and they will take as long as they take my issue isn't with how long the visa takes, it's how long it's taken her to submit!

She had all documents and money paid to her on 20th August she told me she was ready to submit 10th October. I've asked for acknowledgement receipt that visa was submitted. I've been ignored.

Managed to get immi account, discovered it was 24th November it was submitted. So that's 3 months for her to complete the application and submit... Should it take so long? 

If I have to pay out another £1500+ for medicals and police checks that have run out where do I stand?

Please do understand I know immigration are taking longer and longer to process and it's in their hands and if she had submitted within 7 days like our contract stated I wouldn't be questioning it. 

14 hours ago, Melli said:

Hmmm yeh it is hard to pop over to Melbourne to have a word.

I would also take it up with MARA.

Maybe if you tell them your thinking of doing this then they may buck up there ideas as I'm sure that is not what they want??

Hi Melli

I know that as the visa is submitted it's not actually her I'm waiting on its immi so it is out of her hands.

its just she insisted on us providing her with a decision ready application and then once we gave her everything she took 3 months to submit. This then shaved 3 months  off our medicals and police checks. 

She wouldnt have known that that they were running behind (granted) and was now taking so long to process I understand that but now we effectively had a 9month medical for a visa that is taking around 11 months to process.?

Archived