Confusion around the behaviour of people who have moved back...

Melbournelass

On 05/04/2017 at 4:28 AM, Melbournelass said:

Thanks for the responses, and my aim definitely isn't to start and Aus Vs. UK debate.  And of course I'll be doing what is right for my family & circumstances.  I was genuinely just wondering why so many who have returned are so critical of the country they have left. I know personally that before I left the UK having visited Melbourne, I felt very unsettled there and very anti-UK, but since living happily here I haven't felt a need to play one Country off against the other.  It makes me wonder if feelings of resentment are harboured as that is not something I want to experience.  If we return it will be for the simple reason my parents are ageing and I want my children to spend some time with them and my family in the UK.  But feeling displaced and unsettled is something I really struggle with and it does make me hesitant.

AS A SAFFA I feel and see people who have moved to OZ critical of the UK a lot of the time , its human nature I suppose...so in answer to your question it is about equal on here in oz and uk dislikers.

On 05/04/2017 at 4:32 AM, Melbournelass said:

My other enquiry was about those who have moved back continuing to compare Aus and the UK sometimes years down the line, as if it's still something that constantly plays on their mind.  Just my observations of friends who have moved and migration forums.

why does it even bother you? those living in oz are just as bad at comparing the uk to oz...just chill and enjoy your life, its to short to worry about forums....