190 - Unable to continue with application

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with a similar issue before and how they went about to solve it? 

I've recently been invited to apply for a 190 visa but when I tried to apply online, I got the following error when I went to confirm my personal details. 

An error has occurred
One of the following issues is preventing this application from continuing:
The applicant has a previous visa cancellation or refusal.
The applicant does not hold an appropriate visa.
The applicant has a condition on the current visa.
The applicant's location cannot be confirmed.
The applicant is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
The applicant will not be able to continue. The applicant should review the eligibility information on the department's website.

I currently have a Briding Visa A from my application for a graduate visa so that shouldn't be an issue? 

I did have a refusal for a PR visa around 2000 when I tried to apply and it got refused and I had to go through ministerial intervention to get my student visa to continue studying in Aus but I didn't think this would be an issue as long as I detailed the thing on Forms 80 and 1221. Anyway, since they might not even be the reason for this error, anyone have any tips? Feeling a bit apprehensive since I can only call DIBP on Monday :(. 

Cheers! 

Andy. 

Hi Andy,

I am a registered migration agent.  DId this occur while you were in the middle of the 190 invitation reply.  How many days do you have left on your 60 days to respond?  Sometimes it can be a little thing like your passport has been renewed or replaced and immi doesn't know so online the application won't progress. Have you called Immi or sent an email to Immi account for help?  They are very helpful on the immi account help desk.  Hopefully it is something small but your 60 days response time to the invitation must be ticking along so I  would imagine you would want to sort this quickly.  Let me know If I can help if you haven't tried these things....