Chances to get invitation for 489 visa with 70 points or higher (for Engineering occupations)

Sasidhar

Hi, I couldn't clearly understand how the invitations are issued to 489 visa for pro-rata occupations. I read many posts written by the 489 applicants, which say that the waiting period is very high even if the total point score they got is 70 or higher including 10 points for Family sponsorship. (for engineering occupations such as Computer System and Network Engineer). 

I've always thought that there will be very high chance to get the invitation if the total point score is 70 or higher. Is it true? 

Can someone who has got invitations for 489 visa in late 2016 or 2017, please post the following details 

1. Total point score with which EOI is lodged

2. Your SOL occupation.

3. Time taken to get invitation.

Due to high levels of demand, some occupation groups are subject to pro rata arrangements to ensure availability of invitations across the programme year. SkillSelect first allocates available places to Skilled Independent visas (subclass 189) and then the remaining to Skilled Regional (Provisional) visas (subclass 489). If all places are taken up by subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for subclass 489 visas in these occupations.