The Down Under Centre

Ursula Thomas

Hi

Just need some advise please :-)

We submitted the TRA pack (electrician general) last year and was 'unsuccessful' due to the Husband not having a HNC/D (only has an ONC). He has over 20 years experience which is irrelevant due to the lack of qualification. 

Apparently through The Down Under Centre we can re-submit the evidence and complete the practical assessment to get the piece of paper to complete the TRA process. Is this correct?

1. Gather evidence (same as TRA) - £250

2. Practical assessment - approx £1600

3. TRA application - approx £500 (again)

How much success have people had with The Down Under Centre as my Husband is very sceptical about this process and the cost as its not guaranteed for the TRA process.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to give up on the dream!

We have no idea how to go down the 457 route to even get a foot in the door.

Originally we were looking at Melbourne as we have family there, but after visiting Brisbane last year we loved it there!

Thank you!

Does your husband have a UK passport, If he does, then I'm not sure why he is applying via TRA?

UK passport holders can apply via Vetassess or Future Skills international (FSI) for sparkies. The DUC handle practical assessments for sparkies on behalf of FSI in London.

Regards,

Richard

also a sparky i used the down under centre and was really impressed with the service. i could call and get updates on my application whereas i think vetasses is just too big to do that. well worth the money. just be aware its not a quick process

Archived